Alfredo's Mediterranean Grille & Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Charles Town
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come and take a culinary trip around the Mediterranean Sea when you walk through our doors. We offer Traditional and Modern dining all while sampling foods from Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Lebanon and Morocco.
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Alfredo has served up the best Middle Eastern food in CT for years. He will personally deliver his food to your catered event. Great food, awesome owner.

Dana P, Public Relations Manager at Alfredo's Mediterranean Grille & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you! We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 19 September 2018

My husband and I hadn't visited this new location yet and decided it was about time to go. We certainly were not disappointed. The service was excellent and the food even better.
The menu is large with something for almost everyone. However, if you are looking for a burger, you won't find it here and that's a good thing.
The menu features Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dishes. There is something to try from Persia, Morocco, Lebanon, Spain and Italy as well.
We had the steak kabob, falafel platter, and veal parmigiana. All were absolutely delicious. We are already talking about when we can go again!

Dana P, Public Relations Manager at Alfredo's Mediterranean Grille & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hi Elizabeth!

Thank you for your kind words. We strive to provide a great dining experience and are delighted to know we succeeded. We can't wait for you to join us again!

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to this restaurant for dinner. Large variety of different foods. The food was good and we were
very surprised with the entertainment. This is the first time we went to a restaurant and were entertained by a belly dancer.
It was a fun meal.

Dana P, Public Relations Manager at Alfredo's Mediterranean Grille & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you! We are delighted that you enjoyed your meal and the entertainment! We hope you come back again soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

I saddens me to write this review. This as my favorite restaurant for years when they were at the old location. We always took friends and family from out of town and everyone loved it. Now I have eaten at the new location 3 times and each time I feel like it has gotten worse. This past visit I ordered one of my tried and true dishes, the Mediterranean pasta. It was presented and the portion was much smaller than in the past, though the price was the same, and it was just slopped onto the plate with pasta falling off the side. It is past the presentation was nice and neat. The flavor was not the same and it was a bland dish.
The service was pretty awful, the waiters don't even look clean or professional. It was much better when the owner and family were the only ones serving. They are not attentive and it took forever to finally pay a check. The "telling your table number to the cashier" thing is beyond inappropriate. Yes at the older location you didn't pay at the table but since it was so small the cashier knew where you sat.
This place now isn't worth the time to drive into Charles Town. Shepherdstown has much better options.

1  Thank KerriAnn25
Dana P, Public Relations Manager at Alfredo's Mediterranean Grille & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

KerriAnn25

I am so sorry to read this review. We at Alfredo's strive to make your visit an enjoyable one and we do not like to read you were not delighted with your meal.

We would appreciate it if you would take the time to tell us more at this link: https://alfredosmedcafe.com/tell-us-more/.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

This is my third visit to Charles Town and vicinity; however, my husband has been here many more times for his work, so he tends to know more of the local dos and don'ts. He'd bragged about his enjoyment of Alfredo's, so I took myself to lunch there yesterday.

Alfredo's is attached to a roadside motel on the outskirts of the business district. Upon entering, I gathered the feel of a Victorian bordello. Don't take that as a negative! I was offered my pick of tables, so I chose the one in the far back corner between two windows--my favorite spot in any restaurant, so I can see all that's going on.

Points for white linen tablecloths and napkins! Points for immediate attention by a server who brought me water and kept it replenished! Points for a very extensive menu, with plenty to satisfy my picky palate, which amalgamates keto-paleo, and the break of my intermittent fast.

When it came time to order, the man whom I imagine to be Alfredo himself came to my table and graciously allowed me to substitute one salad for another in the "choose two" luncheon special. I ordered saffron-marinated chicken kebabs with ensalata Ibiza.

Prior to that, the water bearer had brought me a plate of toasted pita wedges with hummus and a generous cube of bleu or Stilton cheese drizzled with balsamic vinegar. I gave up bread years ago, but I couldn't resist having just one of these wedges with those delightful morsels.

The only downside to my experience was the very long wait for my entree. Fortunately, I wasn't on much of a schedule and was able to handle some business using my smartphone. Plus, I had more time to survey the fascinating bordello interior of this place. Chandeliers, red drapes backed by white sheers on every window, exotic art and artifacts placed about, a flat screen TV over the fireplace with ABBA singing in Swedish.

And then it arrived: A large bowl of the salad, which combined romaine and other lettuces with walnuts, dried cranberries, feta, and a dressing of lemon, garlic, and olive oil, all topped with a generous portion of perfectly seasoned and grilled breast of chicken, served OFF the skewer. The edges of the bowl were dusted with parsley flakes, assuring me that these people care. The tiny touches mean a lot.

It was divine. It was so good that I had to periodically stop and allow my palate to interpret the complexities of the flavors as they performed their concert--the perfume of the saffron, the bite of the lemon, the earthiness of the garlic, the tang of the feta, the creamy crunch of the nuts, the smoky char of the grilled chicken.

It was so good that I could ignore the only two downs of this experience: a single housefly that must've loved my cologne, and the overly warm temperature of the dining room. But hey, it was 97 degree outside and this food was drop-dead delicious.

The checkout process is very efficient. When finished dining, one simply approaches the cashier, whose station is tucked away in an alcove near the bordello entrance. On a computer screen is a layout of the dining room; the cashier verifies where the patron had been seated, prints out the check, and voila!

My grand total for this gastronomic masterpiece was $11 and some odd cents. This is in stark contrast to a previous lunch this week around the corner for nearly $20 that was quite uninspired.

vanenglish,

Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted to read you enjoyed your meal and your time with us! We hope to see you again soon!