“Regaining its previous quality”
Review of Dobra Zupas

Dobra Zupas
Ranked #5 of 118 Restaurants in Beckley
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bistro with full service bar and Beckley's First Brew Pub
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We have been fans of DZ since they opened. However, after it had been open for a year or so, there was a change in staff and decline in the quality of the food, which led us to dine there less frequently. We decided to visit again last night for a birthday celebration, and we were pleased that the quality of the restaurant seems to be approaching its previous excellent level.

Rebecca Z, Owner at Dobra Zupas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you for trying us again. We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll visit often.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are Canadian and are big on craft beer. We were travelling to Florida for a few weeks and stopped in Beckley for an overnight. So we heard about this pub through Trio Advisor. First time we visited it was closed. Then on our way home, we stopped in on. Saturday night. It was busy. We ate on the bar which was cozy. Daniel the bartender was attentive and knowledgeable in their beer selection. Our food was delicious; chicken wings; salad and onion rings. Hope to make this a regular when we travel through this area.

Rebecca Z, Owner at Dobra Zupas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

We are glad you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to your next trip through the area. Our menu is always changing especially the craft beer selection. THANK YOU!!

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Found by searching Advisor and was so happy we took the chance. Creamy black bean vegetable soup is SPOT ON! Hubby had a gyro pizza and the meat is made there with tza sauce. It was very fresh and light. I had their take on shrimp and grits made with polenta instead of grits. The combination was very tasty. The bread pudding is homemade as well. Oh yummy yummy yummy!

Happy to hear you had a pleasant visit and enjoyed a few of our specials. Check back next time you are in town, our desserts and specials change frequently. THANK YOU!!

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

This place flies under the radar more than it should. It's probably one of the top 3 or 4 restaurants in Beckley. They have a very unique and trendy menu, along with offering various specials that are equally mouth watering.

Rebecca Z, Owner at Dobra Zupas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you! Hope you’ll stop in again!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

My first experience at this place was great, but the subsequent visits were disappointing. I ordered the chicken Marsala each time, and it was never as good as the very first time that I went there. The Service was very slow, even though I was one of three people in the place. I think my food sat for a while before the waitress picked it up, as it was actually lukewarm the last time I was there. I will not be back.

Rebecca Z, Owner at Dobra Zupas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

I apologize that you’ve had a bad experience at my restaurant. I appreciate the feedback and will discuss this with my staff.