“Staff was Great, the food just so-so”

Campestre Mexican Grill
Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Beckley
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

After reading such great reviews, I was really looking forward to trying this place. We were greeted quickly at the door, seated and approached by our server who was friendly. He had fresh chips (warm,thin and lightly salted) with ONE ramekin of salsa. Oh and some white sauce, that was somewhere between ranch dressing with Italian seasonings. After trying we asked what exactly it was?!? We were told, “ it varies between chefs and some days better than others”. We asked for more salsa along with a hot salsa dish. It was all delicious but I felt like for a family of 4, more should have been served in the 1st place.
Everyone in my party enjoyed their food but me. Our entrees ranged from fish tacos, chimichangas, seafood fajitas, and enchiladas. The enchiladas were bland and room temp at best.
If in the area I might give it another shot.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

This was our first visit. The food was tasty enough and the portion size is more than adequate. Reception was a bit “flat” as no one approached us when we entered and there was nothing to indicate whether we were to seat ourselves or wait to be seated. We just stood there waiting for some “sign”. Finally, a server who was standing nearby took us to a table. Our server eventually arrived to take our drink order. His reaction to us not ordering anything too exciting was underwhelming. Same when we ordered our food. No enthusiasm, no smile, just “flat”. When the bill arrived, I noticed an overcharge on one of the dinners. I questioned the amount and, after some back and forth about what the menu actually said, got the amount corrected.
We eat regularly at Mexican restaurants in many locations. Campestre is ok but far from among the best.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Out of 5 different dinner plates, only one was good. The churro dessert was so hard that we couldn’t eat it. Our server just mumbled at us. We ordered cheese dip that we never received, but were charged for. We will not be going back. :-(

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Great food and the service is superior to any other Veronica was the best waitress made me feel at home. Thanks for the excellent food and awesome atmosphere

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Had not been to this restaurant since it opened but used to go to the old pancake house here. My mistake. This restaurant has been tastefully re- decorated in Mexican ristorante style and the food is scrumptious. Service was quick and food is delicious. My new favorite Mexican restaurant in Beckley.