“Unusual and Fun But Not Too Impressed with the Food”
Review of King Tut Drive-In

King Tut Drive-In
Ranked #6 of 115 Restaurants in Beckley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I was told this was good food and a great experience. I found out that I really dislike eating in my car and ended up wearing more than I ate, lol. That is not what this is based on though. The experience is interesting. The food, eh. I probably will not go back. It took a long time and it was cold out (not their fault but I don't recommend it in the winter). The food came luke-warn. Glad we went but won't be back. Still might be fun for the kids.

King_Tut_Drive-In, Owner at King Tut Drive-In, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

We apologize for the less than hot food. Given the winter chill factors being close to zero the last few days we do have problems keeping the food warm enough.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

First, this place is not fast food. We called our order in early and it still took 15 minutes after the time they told us to get it. We got a rib plate, extra bread, king tut cheese burger, and the last two slices of pie (chocolate and cherry). It was a lot of food. The ribs came with slaw, bread and double stuff mashed potatoes. The slaw was great and the mashed potatoes addicting. My husband liked the burger. The bread was freshly made and delicious. The ribs fully acceptable but alittle too sticky. This place is worth the visit but don’t come with the mindset that it’ll be quick.

1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

After a full day of travel we wanted just some soup and ice cream when we arrived at our hotel. We looked online and found King Tut's Drive-in. It had very high reviews and touted a number of awards. We thought we had found a gem. An hour later we headed back to the hotel with our bag of food and three not-so-thick milk shakes. The hamburger was cold and pitifully small. The grilled cheese was small, too dark and the cheese wasn't completely melted. The turkey wrap was good. Oh, and I should mention that they had soup on their menu but only serve it when it is cold (it wasn't), they were out of the pie we wanted, we ordered 2 breakfast burritos and got and paid for 3. It was an extremely disappointing experience. We won't go back and are sorry that we can''t recommend it.

King_Tut_Drive-In, Owner at King Tut Drive-In, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

We're very sorry you had a bad experience. Travel time back to your hotel can impact the amount of heat (or cold) in your food however. Regarding the hamburgers, there are two sizes on the menu, the larger size includes a 6oz patty served on a home made bun. The smaller size is served on a standard hamburger bun. We make our pies fresh each morning without preservatives. On a busy day they tend to sell out before the end of the day.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stopped by for lunch when traveling through West Virginia. A bit out of the way, but worth the trip. Good friendly, fast service. Everyone in the party had something different, hotdogs, hamburger, pizza and steak sandwich and all enjoyed the food. The best was the milkshakes. I had banana and it was great. The place isn't fancy, but it is sure a step back in time. Would definitely stop here again.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

The nostalgia of this restaurant was more appealing to me than the actual food. I ordered the grilled chicken wrap with no onions. It came out with more diced onions than I could count, and the chicken was tough. I will say though that the onion rings were delicious! If decide to take that step back in time and eat in your vehicle while being serviced by a carhop, I would advise skipping the healthy items and going straight for anything fried. Based on the information from everyone in our group, that is most definitely their forte.