“Highly recommend, Clean Rooms, Great Breakfast, and Exceptional Hospitality”

Comfort Inn Barboursville
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
Reviewed 13 May 2016

I highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are very clean and the down comforters on the beds are delightful and comfy. There is quite the selection for breakfast from eggs with cheese and salsa to chocolate chip fresh waffles as well as yogurt, fruits and cereals. Above all was the hospitality, The managers and housekeepers for exceptional. They took great care of me and my disabled mother while we where in town for my fathers funeral. They also took great care to welcome my sweet little puppy to their home away from home. I was very pleased with all the amenities here and even extended my stay a couple extra days.

Room Tip: we stayed on the first floor, which was great for my disabled mother
1  Thank Becky S

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Friendly people; nice, spacious, comfortable rooms. A good place to check in early and the day and hang out in the area. The Huntington Mall is just across the street, and there are a number of other shops and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Attempted to check in to this hotel with my father, a military veteran. When we told the clerk, Rodney, that we would be paying with cash, he informed me that they do not accept cash - only credit. What????? Since when is American cash from a veteran not acceptable?????? It is unbelievable to me that this is actually a policy at ANY hotel. If this is truly a policy of Choice Hotels, then they just lost a customer forever. Not everyone likes to use credit. We stayed instead at the Best Western where not only was the room less expensive, but our cash was welcome.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
TMIHospitality1, Manager at Comfort Inn Barboursville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Dear Claudia W,
Thank you for reviewing the Comfort Inn Barboursville. I apologize for your dissatisfaction with our payment options and for any inconvenience this caused. While we do require a credit or debit card at the time of check in, we leave the option to pay cash at the time of check out available to our guests. We hope that you will allow us a chance to host you in the future, when your travels bring you to the area.

Debbie T.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

I only encountered one problem while staying at this hotel on Saturday, April 9th.
The room was very clean and the beds comfortable. The lighting in the bathroom was very dim but the it was also clean. The staff was friendly. The pool and hot tub is where the problems were. You could not enjoy the area because of kids that were out of control and the parents doing nothing about them. I was sitting in the hot tub and six children ranging in age from 3 to 8 were in splashing and diving and kicking me and my sister, We informed the front desk and they attempted to control the situation but the parents are to blame for not controlling their children. They have an adult only swim time, but from 11 p.m. to midnight is kinda late. Overall I would recommend this hotel but don't know if I will stay again.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

My family of 4 stopped here for a one night stay. I booked online just moments before entering the lobby because we wanted to survey the neighborhood just a little bit before deciding whether to stay or not. The front desk receptionist quickly located the reservation and checked us in in the early afternoon. The 2 queen bed room (on the 2nd floor) was very satisfactory and bed & pillows were comfortable. The room looked like it had been updated. The only complaint about the room I had was that it smelled a little musty. The other item I would like to note for future visitors is that this room did not have a microwave oven or refrigerator -- in case that's a deal-breaker for you. On this particular trip, we didn't need either of these items, so I didn't inquire any further. Wi-Fi worked great.

This hotel also has a nicely heated indoor pool, hot tub, exercise room, and free breakfast. The pool was a great temperature, and I was informed it is a "salt water" pool and therefore no chlorine. The pool is a little less than 4' deep in all areas. The exercise room had 1 elliptical and 2 treadmills along with a water dispenser. Everything in the room was in good working order. We did have a little bit of trouble as our key cards to enter the building, pool, and exercise room sometimes didn't work. And, my husband needed to request towels in the pool area as they were all gone upon our arrival. Minor issues, of course, and the staff quickly remedied.

The breakfast was as expected and included scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausage links, waffle maker, cereal & oatmeal, breakfast breads, milk/juice/coffee, fruit cups, applesauce cups, and yogurt. Food quantities were plentiful and maintained by friendly staff.

One other item ... this hotel allows pets. I think this is the first hotel I've ever stayed at that allows this, so I was caught a bit off-guard when I saw a dog being walked down the hallway. We didn't have any issues with this either way but good to know especially if you are looking for a hotel that allows pets.

And, last, this hotel is situated right next to Huntington Mall, so there is plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank sales513
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barboursville
1 km away
20.9 km away
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 3 in South Point

Been to Comfort Inn Barboursville? Share your experiences!