“Great atmosphere”
Review of Zesta Cucina

Zesta Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Zesta Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 302 Restaurants in Yakima
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tieton Drive
Reviewed 27 August 2018

The other day we went to Zesta for Happy Hour. What a great atmosphere! Drinks were reasonable, food was outstanding, and the service was great! We'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Tom H

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Our group of 4 adults went for Anniversary Dinner with reservation. As hostess was about to seat us next to a table of children. I said, "No way, we'll wait for another table". We then accepted a table booth with tight seating. We ordered several apps but the Calamari with aioli was one of best I've ever eaten and that's a real treat for me. Not the soggy or chewy calamari with crust - these were flavorful, crisp and light and aioli was just right. The wild mushroom ravioli was excellent as was the Vodka Cappellini was also excellent. The Chicken Marsala was good but I prefer the dryer not sweeter Marsala wine sauce. Overall I would give high marks for dining at this restaurant but a little pricey for Yakima.

2  Thank Ross201024
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I am picky about my Italian food, and this place passed a tough test. Great service and interesting decor. I got the Masala Chicken and did not want the mushrooms. They offered to put other veggies with it instead and listed all the possibilities. I left full and happy.

1  Thank Mataturider
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Have been here many times for lunch and occasionally dinner but finally decided to write a review after the most recent visit. I have to say, I've never had bad food here, its always tasty and a decent sized portion even though it tends to be on the upper end of the price spectrum for Yakima. I'm willing to pay a little more for higher food quality. But this past trip came with some unexpected service problems, maybe it was just the server we had, but most tend to be very attentive. Our server was most definitely pleasant and boxed our leftovers as is expected in a higher price point restaurant. But, we waited quite a bit of time before our order was taken, although we were immediately asked if we would like bread for the table. What is not disclosed is that if you ask for bread, be prepared to pay for the bread too. My dining companion ordered a sandwich and asked what the options were for sides, and she was advised fries, a misto salad or a chop salad. She chose the chop salad without being advised as we learned later, that was an additional $2.50 upcharge. I would expect to be advised at the time ordering that this would be a upcharge. My water glass also had lipstick on the rim of the glass. Overall, the pace of lunch just seemed slower than it needed to be and it came with upcharges and a dirty glass. I expect when I pay for a higher priced lunch, service and food with both be spot on, but of late, service seems to be struggling with some issues. I would still recommend eating here, but if things are being offered to you by the server, you need to be cognizant there might be a hidden upcharge involved so you may want to just ask to make sure its worth it to you. $15.50 for a sandwich and a chopped salad side is pretty steep, it should come with full disclosure and excellent service to justify that price.

3  Thank DBinYak
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

5 of us (3 kids under 12) had an early dinner. 3 of us had the cedar plank salmon which was excellent. The bread assortment served before dinner was also delicious & tasted freshly made. Lupita our server was wonderful & very patient with the children. The one negative was we were seated upstairs by their business office which had the door open unless we asked it to be closed—very tacky. The restaurant is beautiful, but seated @ our table those of us facing the office, it was not a pleasant view + some staff were in that area eating or talking. It just took away from our overall experience.

2  Thank Mary K H

Been to Zesta Cucina? Share your experiences!