“Exquisite Dining”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Manor was a delightful dining experience for my elderly father and me. The dining room is very well appointed with very comfortable seating and spacing of the tables that allows for reasonable privacy in the open room. They presented a four course fixed price meal - chef's choice on everything except for the main entrée of which there were five choices including King salmon, beef, lamb and prawns. I selected the King salmon which was baked in a pastry. It was a very ample serving of salmon and was delicious. The service was very professional as was the pacing of the meal. Everything was first class and of the highest quality. My only comment is that the potatoes were overly salty. Otherwise, the dinner was impeccable. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank PhilS1742

Reviewed 23 July 2014

There were only five couples at the restaurant when we went. It was a very nice, intimate setting. The food was good but not totally memorable. They have a set menu and you are only free to choose the main course. To be honest, we were there less than one week ago and the only thing I remember is the puff pastry wrapped salmon (cooked to perfection) and home made chocolates (very smooth and creamy). Everything else is difficult to remember. My husband had the wine pairing and I drank water. It cost $127 plus tip for the two of us.

1  Thank MNSc-travel
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I put one star so people would look at my review along side the other one-star review. I have never in all my years on Trip Advisor read a more self-centered, pretentious review than that one. In the time I have visited the Manor we have held our wedding rehearsal dinner reserving the entire place and have taken my wife's whole family there when we brought our son and fiancé for a visit a couple of years ago. Besides those two times my wife and I have dined there a dozen times. I have traveled in France "for what it's worth" and find the food quite comparable.
I would respectfully suggest the poster try it again and get his self-righteous nose out of the air

5  Thank Gatordad48
Reviewed 7 April 2013

After a few years hiatus from the Birchfield Manor, I was extremely glad to have revisited. Expect excellence. Very attentive Resort level service from every staff member I encountered. Although the Manor is known for the cuisine (again, excellent) I appreciate the setting of the bed and breakfast. Albeit Yakima, bring your high expectations, thru my 5 visits there I have never been disappointed.

3  Thank Kreed K
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This is not your normal restaurant. The first thing is that seating for dinner is at a specific time. It was 7PM when we were there. The feeling is very inviting as if you were guests of a home that had a gourmet chef and a butler.
The prices are higher than listed on this site. Most items were in the $40 range but that did include an appetizer, salad and coffee with a chocolate.
The rack of lamb was cooked to the chef’s recommendation and was perfect.
This is definitely a place to go to for that special event or if you just was a nice night out.

2  Thank travelfromtacoma

Been to Birchfield Manor Country Inn? Share your experiences!