“Good food and great service!”
Review of Golden Wheel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Wheel
Ranked #190 of 287 Restaurants in Yakima
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Took my husband and kids out to eat for their dad’s birthday and we had a great time. The food was warm and tasted great, restaurant was clean and we got huge portions.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

My wife & I have eaten at the Golden Wheel several times over the past two years. Both food & service have always been good. Last evening, Dec. 19, 2017, both food & service were terrible.

I ordered hot & sour soup and beef lo main. My wife ordered chicken lo main. After a substantial wait (about 20 minutes) my soup arrived. It consisted mostly of chicken broth thickened heavily with corn starch, along with some frozen peas & carrots, canned mushrooms, and shredded bamboo shoots…not sour, not hot (spicy), and not good.

When our lo main arrived, it consisted of a large amount of noodles topped with frozen peas & carrots (again) with snow peas, bamboo shoots, some beef & chicken, all with virtually no flavor. Oddly, the noodles were served with a side of fried rice which also had no flavor and appeared to contain nothing more than rice & carrots. This was the worst excuse for Chinese food we have experienced in a long time.

The Golden Wheel has been in Yakima for many years and we have had good dining experiences here previously. I don’t know what has happened, but we will not be going back until we are certain that The Golden Wheel has a chef capable of cooking Chinese food.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

My wife and I had not eaten at this place for several years so we decided to give it a try. First the good part - the atmosphere is not bad and is quiet and subdued. Nice for a relaxing dinner. Now for the rest of the story. This is the only Chinese restaurant in town that doesn't offer a cup of soup with its meals. I ordered a small bowl of hot and sour soup. The cost - almost $5 for a very small bowl. Some of the worst hot and sour soup I have had anywhere. Very little taste and the soup was mainly broth. What ingredients that were in it was a few carrots, a few peas, a couple of mushroom slices and two small chunks of tofu. I ordered Mongolian beef and what I was served was unlike any Mongolian beef I have had anywhere. The dish was totally absent of any type of flavor. It was a plate heaped with plain boiled noodles with a few pieces of meat on top and a few small veggies added in. The dish wasn't bad, just plain with no taste and no flavor. I spent $15 for a large plate of mainly just plain noodles. Horrible. My wife ordered a combo meal. The shrimp she got were large and good. The chow mein was horrible - mainly celery, peas and carrots. Its like the cook got rid of all the good stuff that cost a little more money and used just the cheap ingredients for everything. The cost of the food is higher than any of the other Chinese places in town and considering that I didn't even get a cup of soup with the meal and considering the taste and quality of what we were served- GO SOMESHERE ELSE - don't waste your time or money.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

This place has been here for years. Still has great chinese food. The place is very clean the service was great . The dish I had was Sweet & Sour Chicken, Almond Chicken, fry rice and chow mein.
Very tasteful food. The menu had a great variety of chinese dishes. If you like chinese, this is the place to eat at in Yakima.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

It lacks ambiance, but is very good. You'll never leave without a "to go" box. Their portions are huge.

Been to Golden Wheel? Share your experiences!