“Putting "Yum" in Yakima-Pros and Cons”
Review of Tea Garden

Tea Garden
Ranked #44 of 322 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 19 March 2018

In town overnight on business. Stopped in for dinner and it was so good came back for lunch the next day.
Pros- Tasty food, made fresh and well, served by friendly folks who definitely know how to cook. Having the choice between Thai and Chinese with both being made to order fresh on the spot. The price was really good for both dinner and the buffet...ahh the buffet...wow!...quick, fresh, tasty!. They have restored my faith in the chance of finding good food at a buffet. We were able to drive in from the other side of town, grab a sit down delicious meal and make it back within the hour. For us that are on the vegetarian side of things...plenty of offerings. Dinner was "Noodle Delight": Browned tofu over pad Thai noodles with an Amazing peanut sauce and steamed broccoli.
Cons-The place is a bit of a "hole in the wall" so you won't be going there for the ambience. That's all I can think of...
Bottom Line- I don't know why this place is not more popular. If you are a Foodie like me, need a fast, fresh, tasty, inexpensive lunch...you gotta get in here.

1  Thank ducklakedaniel

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I was dining solo on a business trip and really wanted some good Chinese food as my regular go-to in Yakima was closed for the day. Meal started well as the egg drop soup was superb (chock full of egg, veggies and really unique). I was anticipating some great food in my 3 item combo. The pork fried rice was crusty and seemed like it had been sitting. The fried shrimp were good. The almond chicken seemed like it was a generic piece of breaded chicken with a thick non-descript gravy on it. Did I eat it all: yes, I was very hungry. Service was good, food was mediocre, portions were not particularly impressive and I will not be back.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

This is a nice, clean, family owned restaurant. WE were greeted with a smile, which is unusual for Oriental type restaurants. We were given our choice of where to sit. There were several choices on both the Chinese and Thai sides of the lunch buffet. A potato curry was offered and was quite good. Went back for seconds. Have never had a dish made with potatoes in a Chinese restaurant!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

The Pad Kee Mao was very good, well-seasoned, the tofu nicely browned & crispy outside. Very friendly service. Large portion, reasonable price.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Great sweet and sour chicken but the chow mein and fried rice left something to be desired! The wait staff were very nice!

Been to Tea Garden? Share your experiences!