“Good Food - Slow Service”
Review of Peking Palace

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Peking Palace
Ranked #109 of 287 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Ate here on a Friday night and the service was so slow I was seconds away from walking out when my order finally showed up. Food was quite good - the hot and sour soup was excellent, and the Kung Pao chicken I ordered was very good. Portions were good, prices reasonable - the interior of the place is clean, but pretty barren. Not a place I would go to in order to impress a date, but a good restaurant for tasty Chinese food at a reasonable price.

1  Thank noworries2000

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Heard good things about this restaurant so my husband and I decided to try it for lunch. The interior was clean but not real impressed. The music was soft rock played too loud through the speaker. Our waitress was nice and efficient. We ordered the daily lunch special of sweet and sour prawns, fried rice, chow mein, and egg flower soup. The food was hot, and tasted good but nothing above the ordinary. Portions were adequate. Disappointed that their combination dinners were limited and did not allow for substitutions unless you paid extra.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Peking Palace on North 1st Street in Yakima is the best Oriental restaurant I have ever visited. The place is spotless, service is great and friendly, and the food is outstanding. You can't go wrong eating here!

Reviewed 16 May 2016

My wife and I are big Chinese food fans. This has become our go to place in Yakima for Chinese food. The restaurant is nothing fancy. The decorations are fairly simple, but it is kept very clean and neat. Sometimes the service is a little slow, but the food more than makes up for it. Their pot stickers are great and the hot and sour soup is wonderful. My wife says the chow mein is some of the best she has had. Lots of veggies cooked crisp and flavorful. My favorite is anything with beef in it, especially Kung Pao, Schezwan or Mongolian. They slice the beef the right way - thin and across the grain so it melts in your mouth. Portions are ample for a regular to heavy eater and for a light eater to take some home. The meals are well priced for the quality and quantity of food you get.

Reviewed 3 September 2015

As usual the food is good, but thru the years the portions have gotten smaller. But it is still a good meal for the price.

Been to Peking Palace? Share your experiences!