All reviewshood canalwindow seatolympic mountainsthe cottagesfire pitoystershiking trailsgreat getawayrelaxing weekendoverlooking the watersteam roomindoor poolpacific northwestcanal view roompuget soundweddingretreat
Reviewed 11 March 2009

This is such a relaxing resort. If you are looking for a spa getaway with the girls or a romantic week-end with your spouse... this is the place. Very quiet and peaceful. Amazing views of the olympics and hood canal. Beautiful grounds. Wonderful Spa. Nice restaurant. Can't get enough.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2009

I wont spend alot of time on this review. I have been here before, and try to go once a year. If you are on their email list, you will receive a coupon once a year or so...usually in Dec. or Jan. for a screaming deal. Well, I got my coupon, and booked a weekend with friends. I took the passage package and found it to be a fantastic value. As always, the staff is so well trained, and likeable here, it pains me to leave. The cottage was fun as usual...clean and well appointed. The grounds were well kept this visit, and made me feel as though the maintenance team has really been keeping an eye on things.

We ate in the restraunt for dinner.....so, heres the bad. The restraunt itself is cozy, well appointed and comfortable. Staff is great...the chef? I dont know man.....We ordered different items, tried one anothers food....we all know good food......so here is my best shot at the dinner review:
the food was well prepared with fresh and interesting ingreients.however, each dish had a rathor different and savory sauce...making the real taste of the food all but disappear. I know this sounds nit picky, but you can only put so much sauce on a rib eye, before you kill it....and...I am sorry to say...you killed it. In tasting the other dishes, we all agreed the food was too masked. I know good chefs who make great sauces...but just tone it down a bit here, and you might be able to sell more dinners. Breakfast in the same restraunt was good.actually very good..but then again, how much sauce can you throw onto french toast.....
In any eveny, this is, was, and will be a favorite spot for us...I recomend to anyone! Kids, dogs, couples, whatever.you will like it here.and it is still a fair value! Bon voyage

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank DaveFrancis
Reviewed 17 February 2009

We stayed here for my best friend's birthday. Absolutely loved the spa, had the signature massage and it was well worth the money even though I thought it was priced pretty high at $130 for a hour. The whole experience was worth the price. Pool and hot tub were not too fancy, but were nice and enjoyable. Service was good. Down side was you had to do a lot of walking out doors, rooms even face outdoors vice interior to the hotel...which I didn't expect. It was okay because the weather was alright, but thought it would've been bad if the weather was worse. It was also very noisy in our room, the air or the fridge or something kept us both awake all night and our phone didn't work. I never did tell the front desk because when I went to check out we'd been double billed for the room. They did fix it and they were very nice the whole trip.

Had excellent drinks at the hotels bar, but never ate there due to the reviews from Trip advisor. We did eat at the Robinhood restaurant just down the road (less than a mile) because of the reviews we read. It was definitely worth it! Love the atmosphere and the food was most excellent! Try the lemon drop prawns for sure.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank olytrvlr
Reviewed 29 December 2008

I can not imagine a better place to go with a family for true bonding and down time. Not a whole lot of big screen action but if you want to accually go for walks and talk to your family it is heaven...Our pet was welcome...our children where welcome and we where warmly welcomed by the staff from the beginning. I truley was amazed at how beautiful the rooms where and the intire lodge as well. This resort is one of the finest we have ever been to. The food the drinks the service all top notch and really a true value for the quality. Trust me I am a very well traveled customer..

Lee..Seattle

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LeanderSeattle
Reviewed 26 December 2008

We spent one night at the Alderbrook on our way to the Pacific coast from Seattle. We were pleasantly surprised by how cozy, clean, and beautiful this hotel was.

Located on the Hood Canal with the Olympic Mountains in the background, the Alderbrook is a grand, rustic lodge at the edge of the water.

Take the opportunity to walk to the end of the dock. Breakfast was excellent, service was professional and friendly, and we enjoyed our morning coffee next to the fire pit.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)