See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Just stayed at this motel 9/26/2011. The young girl at the front desk was very friendly. Once we had gotten in our room she called to make sure we were satisfied. Room appeared to have been updated recently. Bathroom is sort of European style with a rounded shower stall. The sink is raised and the towel holders were unique. Except for a bit of carpet at the doorway, the floors are covered with a wood grain material. I think it's a great idea because the floor is easy to clean and doesn't hold odors like carpet. The beds were firm and comfortable and there was a 26" flat screen TV to watch with crystal clear reception. Both my friend and I were surprised that this was a Motel 6. If all rooms are like this I don't think there's any room to complain based on the price you pay. I will agree the walls are a bit thin and we were in an end room close to a stairway. If you're going to be in Tumwater on a budget, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the stairways.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I have been staying at this Motel for about 5 years anytime I come to visit the area. It has definitely improved over the years. It's not a five star hotel so you get what you pay for, The staff is great. They have always treated me nice and accommodated me for anything I made have needed. I have no complaints whatsoever about the staff. It's pretty decent as far as cleanliness for being a Motel 6. Now I do bring my own sheets (BUT I DO THAT AT AT ANY HOTEL) I do it at five stars too I'm just weird like that I feel better sleeping on my own sheets. I also bring my own cleaning supplies because no one can clean like I can like I said I'm just weird like that. I am NOT saying the hotel is not clean I just don't sleep on ANY hotel sheets. They have remodeled some rooms over the years and I hope it's all completed by the time I return again. So again for the money and being that it's not a big city it's a cool place to stay :)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I needed a place to stay in the Olympia area for two nights, and being the frugal (cheap) traveler that I am, I chose the cheapest place I could find - the Motel 6 in Tumwater. Having read various mixed reviews online for this particular Motel 6, I was a little unsure about planning to stay there, but I can honestly say that I was pleased with my choice. The staff were friendly and accomodating to my requests, and the room was clean and tidy. My room looked to have been recently remodeled, and it had a nice flat screen TV, a microwave, and a refrigerator. Wifi was $3 for 24 hours, and it worked great.

My only real complaints about the motel were due to the other guests. For one, there were some kinda rough-lookin' people staying there and hanging out - it's about what I would expect for the price point though (I can't say that I always look like Mr. Clean cut either, so I shouldn't judge). Secondly, I received multiple prank calls at 1am, presumably from a random guest - I didn't expect the staff to be able to do anything about it, so I just unplugged the phone. Third, half the motel was loading up on the free coffee at the same time I was trying to get some (even a 5 year old girl had a cup in her hand - c'mon), so both pots were empty by the time I got there. Oh well.

Seriously though, for the money it's pretty nice. They have vending machines and a laundry room, a pool, and it's a really short walk to a handful of local restaurants and other businesses. They allow pets too; half of the other guests I saw had a dog or two with them. I had almost chosen to stay at a local mom 'n pop type of motel for similar money, but I'm glad I didn't. For the money, for one or a few nights, I think it's a great choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank TCB1969
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This Motel is newly remodeled. Floors are wooden furniture and bedding is all new. Nice large flat screen Television.
The grounds are very well kept. The pool area is very well maintained and cleaned multiple times each day, adequate parking also for RV'S .
Staff is very friendly, centrallocated plenty of eating possibilities within 3 minute walk.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Ok first..let me tell you the walls in this place are paper thin!! They have been going through employees like mad to try to find the RIGHT ones..They only CLEAN the floors 1x per month (this coming out of the front desk clerks mouth)
About the walls...I could literally hear EVERYTHING in the next room including the nasty hacking up of the lungs from random smokers( who are put in a non smoking room)
NOT ONE ROOM IS NON SMOKING HERE..DO NOT LET THEM LIE TO YOU..they told me that I would have a non smoking room..well I must have been the only one not smoking because of the smell coming in from the other rooms!! They do not clean the rug when you first walk into your room..it was covered with dog hair! The room is so small that with 2 beds in the room the heating/ac unit is BLOCKED by one of the beds!
The price here ($55.95) is the highest Motel 6 rate I have ever seen that wasn't near an ocean or oceanfront! Most run $39.99 wekkdays and slightly higher weekends but this 55 is a weekday Sun-thurs rate. Lets touch on "refreshed & renewed" What they did was take all all drawer space and now have open shelving( only 2 under the tv) and the nightstand has no drawer either so if you want things secure or out of sight forget it!!
There is only a shower, no tub so if you have a lady with you she will not be able to shave her legs or get a soaking tub bath!(unless she wants to sit on the floor of the shower O_o)
Ok...Internet....$3.25 per day..@ $55.95 a day that should be free...ridiculous!!!
This hotel knows that travelers get up and about early to set off on their way! So in order to save money..they do not make coffee until 7 AM..There is a MC donalds within walking distance so you can get your McCafe on :D My opinion is that this hotel will say or do anything to trick you into staying here..then you find out why the reviews were bad on here!
3 Things...plan on hearing all about the next rooms adventures, gastrointestinal problems and illneses.
2. Don't expect new and clean rooms with awesome amenities...a new paintjob and stained bedspreads are all your gonna get.
3. Keep anything you value in your car..there are no drawers here!!

Major FAIL with the upgrade Motel 6......Try the other hotels...at least your clothes will not be in a dog smell infested room with nowhere to put them to escape the stench!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere that is pet and smoke free!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family