“3rd.Time is a Charm”

WildFin American Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
WildFin American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 766 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$4 - US$36
Description: Welcome to WildFin American Grill at Point Ruston on the Tacoma waterfront! Enjoy fresh fish, seafood and Northwest meats. Our beverage selections include the best of the Northwest beers and wines, along with WildFin classic cocktails. Enjoy the views of Point Defiance, Vashon Island, Commencement Bay and Mt. Rainier.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I had eaten there twice before. They were newly opened. Unimpressed. The 3rd. time was a charm...fabulous fish dinner, exceeded by friendly & excellent Waite service. The food was so plentiful, I took home a "doggy bag" and ate it the following day!
Calamari was outstanding! Both my dinner friend & I raved over the large succulent pieces and the delicious sauce.
I will return!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

The food is really good here and there is enough variety to please anyone. It is noisy but where isn't these days? Annoying but unless you want fine dining it seems you have be loud. The service is good and on a good weather day dining outside can be pleasant.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Lunch with two friends. One had crab and shrimp open-faced sandwich w/fries and a very small salad of lettuce with a few tomatoes. The other had cod fish and chips. They said the food was good. The ONLY selections I had to choose from were three types of salads. I ordered the Wild Fin salad. A huge disappointment. It was a lettuce salad with about a tablespoon of Parmesan (seemingly not freshly grated). The other vegetables were chopped so small I could hardly find them. My friend shared her fries with me and I left hungry. I am not vegan but vegetarian, so I suppose I could have found a dessert to eat. Yes, Wild Fin is on the waterfront in a beautiful setting. Couldn't you have even one sandwich offering? Or a veggie burger? Or a decent green salad? I can get a better salad at a fast food restaurant. So please, don't call yourself vegetarian-friendly with not one substantial, satisfying menu item. Guess next time we'll go to Farrelli's Pizza across the street. Oh, and btw, the waiter was excellent

2  Thank ea16hewitt
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Had heard good things about Wild Fin in Tacoma, a relatively new addition near Ruston Way. Word of mouth proved to be true. Nice varied menu, with sole, salmon, trout, tuna, clams, nice salads, beef, chicken, burgers, soups.

One of us had parmesan crusted sole with risotto, the other the trout dish, and both were very nicely done. Not gourmet, but solid.

Service was friendly, quick, meals were hot from the kitchen.

Beautiful day, we were on the deck with a water view. Overall very nice experience.

1  Thank r a
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Celebrating a birthday was the reason for our visit. The restaurant is large and comfortable, great views of the bay.
Food was good and servings were generous ( fish and chips had one large piece of fish with tons of fries and a cup of chowder) but prices are a tad high. There were six of us, only three of us had a glass of wine and one drank two beers. Our tab was 280.00. Maybe that's ok for Tacoma folks.
The hostess and waitress were very kind, welcoming and attentive. Manager thanked us for the visit.

1  Thank Melissa W