“Just Plain Tasty!”

MIS Tres Amigos
Ranked #147 of 864 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Nothing terribly authentic but in my opinion the flavors are one step above the average Mexican restaurant

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 27 January 2018

I asked two waitpersons what kind of crab was used Dungeness, King, or Artificial. They said they would ask but didn't come back to the table with any answers. Unless it's Dungeness we then look for other selections. The management needs to do more training of the staff.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2017

This little hole in the wall restaurant should not be overlooked. I noticed someone with a horchata as we walked in and requested one as we sat down. The server brought it without delay which was a perfect reward for the hot temperature outside. The flavors of the horchata were tasty and subtle.

My friend and I both ordered the chile relleno. It was made the traditional way and was flavorful. The rice and refried beans were typical Mexican restaurant fare.

If you want quick and excellent service as well as a tasty meal I recommend this Mis Tres Amigos

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I visited Mis Tres Amigos over ten years ago and found it to be a gross exemplar of American Tex-Mex, heavy on the generic cheese, low on spice. Having been told that it had improved, I took a chance and returned. Yes, it has improved. The house salsa was very good and even had a little bite to it - not strong enough for my taste, but sufficient for those sensitive to heat. Nice flavor. The entrees came with a frijoles negros (black beans) choice, far tastier and healthier than refried. The cheese sauce on my spinach enchiladas was not overpowering and had some taste. Still this place, like most Mexican-American restaurants is Tex-Mex and more Tex-Mex with only bare nods to the great palette of authentic Mexican cuisine which is so hard to find in the Pacific Northwest, and it is patronized by gringos. Around here the smaller and realer the place, the more brown-skinned and Spanish-speaking the clientele. The atmosphere was low-key and private like most of the standard chains, service above average. Prices are a bit on the high side.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 11 June 2017

We had a dinner out with friends here. We arrived early at 5:00 p.m. so it there was enough time to seat us properly. The seating could have been better, there were 7 of us and we were crammed into a small booth. The food was ok, not impressed with the waitress, she didn't offer to refill our water even once. Maybe it wasn't a good night for her, but I tipped her well anyway,.

Date of visit: May 2017

Been to MIS Tres Amigos? Share your experiences!