“My favorite place for many years.”

Fife City Bar & Grill Incorporated
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My late mother discovered this place many years ago and brought me here. We were smitten by the homemade corn & fish chowder and kept coming back. Mom's been gone for seven years now and I still visit whenever I can stop in Fife. I have never, ever been disappointed, something I can't say about, well, much in life!

Date of visit: November 2011
1  Thank Dirk D

Reviewed 23 October 2010

I'm quite honestly surprised at the positive restaurants reviews that I see here -- I would never go back Fife City Bar and Grill, and the prices are totally out of the ballpark for the quality of food served. I honestly think that Denny's is better than this place...

We dined there last night and I can't remember the last time I had such a bad meal. I had the seafood corn chowder - which was marginal at best. I couldn't even make out any of the seafood in it -- the pieces were so small and the taste was bland. My partner had the butternut soup and it was watery (never had butternut soup that wasn't creamy) and absolutely flavorless.

I ordered one of the specials -- pork chops. Two of the thinnest possible cuts were pan seared with oil still dripping off of them. They had absolutely no favor at all and were so tough -- I could hardly chew them. They were on top of what was supposed to be a sweet potato pancake -- which was some sort of shredded sweet potatoes that didn't seem like they were even cooked and had no flavor. The other seasonal vegetables were boiled and had lost any life they might have had in them -- I couldn't even get a second bite down.

When our waitress came by to see how we liked the food -- I told her that I didn't, that the food was flavorless and not very good. All she did was say that she was sorry that I didn't like my food and charged us full price.

My regret was not sending the food back.

And the other thing is that this is the first restaurant review that I've ever written -- I was that motivated to let other people know how bad this place was.

Reviewed 3 July 2010

Chef owned and great food!

1  Thank Harpersferry