All reviews breakfast is served front desk staff free breakfast room was large beautiful lobby comfortable beds easy access kitchenette toiletries bedding neighborhood conference
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Our experience of the hotel was not the best. We booked adjoining rooms so that my husband and I would be able to help our caregiver with our disabled son. I had called ahead to arrange this so there would not be any issues. Upon arrival the front desk clerk informed me that they were not going to be able to give us adjoining rooms. I explained that I had called earlier in the week to confirm that we could have this arranged for us.He then looked at the rooms available to do this and he got us two adjoining.
We got into the rooms and they were not very clean. No pillow cases on the pillows in our room, one of the pillows was torn at the end with the stuffing hanging out. no shower curtain in the bathroom in the other room. the floors were not clean. one towel in our room. I had called the front desk to see about getting towels, a shower curtain, and pillow cases and the front desk clerk informed me that he was busy and that he could not bring the items for a bit. A couple hours later... I went to the front desk with the torn pillow and no one was there. I went to leave and realized the clerk was outside having a smoke. I know people need to have a break when they are working but he was not happy that he had to come back inside and give me the pillow cases and towels that I needed as well he took the torn pillow ans told me that there were no other pillows. All of the garbage cans at the end of the halls and outside in the parking area were over flowing.
The breakfast was ridiculous the little and I mean little ( the width of a hallway ) for people to come and try and get their food. Which needs a little attention in itself.
The main area, the front desk and lobby have huge potential. It could a nice place.
It just seemed to me that the people working there were not happy with their jobs. It could be a nice place to stay it just needs the right people.The most receptive out of all the staff were the cleaning staff. Once I explained how our rooms were; the I think supervisor came in with another staff member and they cleaned what was needed to clean and provided us with a shower curtain.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
General M, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. The experience you described are not characteristic of the level of service our colleagues strive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

So, for starters - we booked this hotel through Hotwire Hot Rate deal - we booked the hotel then got the name afterward. The picture of the hotel provided by the establishment is only the building that houses the lobby, conference rooms, and other facilities. Guest rooms are located in a separate building that is not shown online. The hotel itself was a little hard to find with our GPS. It's actually located far back off the street, behind an Econolodge. The Econolodge is pretty run-down, and you have to drive past the Econolodge, through the parking lot (which is shared with this hotel) to reach the Quality Inn & Suites. Walking into the lobby building, I was very impressed. It looks very clean and well-taken care of. The young man working the front desk was very helpful and friendly, but I started being concerned when I heard him start telling the woman in front of me that he'd need a card to keep on file because "he's seen some crazy stuff in these rooms" and then proceeds to tell her that the cops had to be called the night before because some guests had brought various types of birds into their room and had attempted to kill and cook the birds in their hotel room. I know he was trying to make friendly conversation - but not very professional. The key cards I was given were old - both key cards looked like a pen had exploded on them and were covered in ink. I was told my room was in the guest room building and drove my car around to the other side. Immediately, I was concerned at the run-down condition of the Econolodge, which is only about 20 or 30 yards from this hotel with a small, shared parking lot between them. Several of the doors at the Econolodge were open, and guests there were congregating in groups, smoking cigarettes and pot, drinking, using profanity, and playing music. There were two broken down vehicles in the lot which guests from the Econolodge were trying to repair. There were also three cars parked in a corner of the lot next to the guest room building with three young men who just loitered there and watched the guests coming and going. They stayed there for most the evening. I made sure to park my car right outside our room's window so I could keep an eye on it. As we entered the buildling, I noticed that the key-card slot wasn't working so anyone could get in and out of the buildling. The door was badly dented and scratched. The paint inside was also peeling and scratched in spots.

Once we got into our room, I immidiately noticed that the furniture looked like it was moved around. The arm chair was in an odd spot, with the lamps unplugged and moved to an area of the room with no outlets. The bathtub and shower still had hair from a previous guest. The shower head leaked and sprayed on the wall and the drywall was soft and bubbly with peeling paint - I'm sure there was mold there as well. The towels looked clean but smelled old and dusty. When you turned on the light, you could easily see that the walls and mirrors had been quickly and sloppily wiped with a dirty rag, leaving streaks and marks everywhere. We could see the same dirty streaks on the headboards of the beds and the top of the desk and bedside table - it looked like they just used one dirty rag for the whole room. There were used tissues in our garbage, and bits of garbage on the obviously un-vacuumed floor. We found an empty water bottle in the drawer of the bedside table. My son dropped a toy behind the bedside stand, and I was alarmed at the amount of dust, dirt, and debris I found behind the beside table. The battery cover for the TV remote was missing and the batteries kept falling out. When we folded down the beds, the sheets were very wrinkled and formed to the contours of the mattress - they did not look fresh at all. I tried to contact the front desk to check if our room had even been cleaned and was assured that it had been cleaned, but got no other help. We ended up sleeping on our own blankets we had in the car because I still wasn't convinced the beds were clean. Still, the mattresses looked clean and fairly new, and they were very comfortable. The furniture in the room looked new, carpet was in good shape (though not vacuumed), walls looked like they had been painted in the not too distant past, but needed a washing.

We left the hotel to get some pizza for dinner, and as we were leaving saw a group of suspicious-looking characters being very secretive and huddled around the driver's side door of one of the cars give us menacing glares as we drove past. Another car stopped, a man stayed in the driver's seat and woman got out, ran up to a room at the Econolodge, knocked on the door, had a brief interaction, then ran back to the car and quickly drove off. We saw this same type of interaction again as we were coming back from getting pizza. It looked suspiciously like we witnessed a few drug deals, and left us feeling very uneasy.

The following morning, we had breakfast here, which I think was very good for this type of hotel. They had coffee, hot chocolate, juice, and milk. They had all the standard continental staples - bagles, yogurt, danish, toast, cereal, oatmeal. They also had a fresh belgian waffle maker and a very nice woman who continually brought out hot sausage and scrambled eggs. The lobby and breakfast area looks beautiful and is well-maintained.

Overall, this hotel has a very nice lobby with a great breakfast. The rooms (meaning carpet, paint, and furniture) are honestly quite nice - but I was really disappointed at how dirty the room was and suspect that housekeeping and maintenance cut a lot of corners here. I don't know if there's anything that can be done to change the fact that this hotel is located adjacent to a questionable budget motel that makes it feel very unsafe - but that would be a huge deterrent to me staying here in the future. The hotel has a lot of potential if they could find a way to resolve these concerns.

Room tip: Try to get a room in the lobby building if there are any - it's much nicer.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
General M, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Reviewed 19 August 2018

The inn was behind the econoldge. Not really a bad neighborhood. Many other hotels on same street including better brands. Clean good management. Only drawback restaurant and bar were closed. The bed was huge and a great mattress. A convention was in town and everyone thought the inn was their best value for the money.

Date of stay: August 2018
General M, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thank you for the great review, our guest feedback is very important to us. We hope to have you back again in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

the staff hates their job. rude, uneducated lowlifes at the counter. and if you like prostitutes and pimps checking you out besides the terrible service, you are at the right place. the place is full of pimps and prostitutes. unbelievable!!!! and the rooms have a heavy smell of disinfectant.

Room tip: the rooms all stink.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

AVOID!!!! Front desk clerk was ill-trained, indicating that management doesn't care about the safety and well-being of its patrons. Domestic dispute in the hallway. Side exterior door didn't lock. Were terrorized when we had our hotel room broken into at 12:45AM, while my family and I were fast asleep, by the front desk person who was trying to help someone get into "their" room who was "locked out". Would rate 0/5 for safety alone, if possible, but cannot. Well worth your money and safety to book at any hotel NOT associated with Choice Hotels.

Room tip: Just don't book in at this hotel. Period.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.