“Fantastic Pizza Dough”

The Rock Wood Fired Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rock Wood Fired Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 765 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Rock Wood Fired Kitchen is a family friendly, full service, unique dining concept. Though the focus may be on our hand-tossed wood fired pizzas, The Rock offers a variety of Foods for all moods. Throw in our microbrews and custom Rocktail drinks, and you truly have something for everyone to enjoy. And don't worry about the children, we've got a full kids' menu for those little rockstars!
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Get the salad and for $2 they'll put it on the pizza dough - which is like garlic parmesan bread. Yum. Good service. Right downtown. I'd go back.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Was meeting a friend midway between our homes at a place on the Tacoma waterfront... did not realize we would encounter 'Sail-Fest' as well as graduation of the Tacoma campus of U of W... couldn't get anywhere near the waterfront... so-- we hopped in one car and began exploring...

I saw the word pizza out of the corner of my eye (after we had looked up a different place, driven there only to find out it no longer exists)... so we pulled in thinking "it'll do"- sort of anticipating a downgraded meal...

NOPE- BAD GIRL! The food was excellent! Turns out the place is a small franchise and my friend had been to one in Lacey I think. She ordered something called brown sugar bread.... OMGoodness... heaven on a pizza crust... weird ingredients combine to make heaven.

I then ordered a deep dish pizza called 'CA Dreamin' and figured I would take the rest home for hubby and get 'my spouse rocks' points. It too was fantabulous!!!!

The water we had was funny, kind and timely.

All in all -- what a totally happy accident!!!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Overall a pretty cool place. Love the pizza. Nice flavor. Good crust and ingredients. They cooked it just right. I had the cheese w/pepperoni and red onions cooked well done. Awesome. My daughter had the cheese which she also enjoyed. Warning. The pie will fill you up but the dessert will temp you to eat more. We shared the cookie dough w/ice cream. Softer than I had expected but good flavor. They have a number of brews on tap as well as some in the bottle. The only bummer is that they don't have any high gravity beers or any doubles, triples, or quads. I mixed a red and a stout to make a pretty decent maltier beer. Would return

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Their pizza is so great! Thin crust, wonderful sauce & toppings! Service was good, waitress was friendly...but the pizza is really great!

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Basically good food, but not enough of it. I got a burger which was good, but pretty small. It came with about 6 fries which were really good, but I think for $13.00 they could have put a few more on the plate. I left feeling hungry and had to go home an nosh on peanuts.

Been to The Rock Wood Fired Kitchen? Share your experiences!