“Pitchers of Rainier are dirt cheap”

Top of Tacoma Bar and Cafe
Ranked #13 of 862 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Came here a Wednesday night. Had two pitchers of Rainier for $17 bucks. Incredible. The greatest beer every made in one of the most fun cities to go out in. Turns out to be a superb combination. Bar tenders were super nice guys. Also had chicken tacos and cheese bread. Tacos were legit. When in town, GO TO THIS BAR.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed their Mac & cheese w/ prosciutto. The nice herb & bread crumb topping was delish!! Also, I am a complete ranch snob and their ranch dressing for the side salad was amazing!!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

When I walked in the place at 11:10 AM, it had the look of a worn out biker bar. There was even a nice Harley sitting outside. Even 10 minutes after opening though there was a mix of 'early drinkers' and regular folks. The service was quick and extremely friendly. I ordered a lamb and beef gyro and was asked if I'd like the soup with it. Thank God I said yes. The hamburger chorizo Mexican chili style soup was out of this world scrumptious. The gyro was one of the best I ever ate anywhere and the bill was $11.99.

I would travel to eat here and suggest you overlook the "look" and come for the great food and cheery service!

I am here for about a week every year, but will eat here whenever I'm in town.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Visiting family and one of my sons favorite places. Didn’t realize there was a Mariners game on. Place was packed.
Found a place to stand and waitresses were great letting us know when there was seating.
Got drinks and ordered.
Like what the menu says ‘be patient’ love that they have vegan options, always makes ordering a little easier. Great food and great wait staff. Really friendly and hard working.
Highly recommend!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Recently found this gem via TA and my wife and I decided to check it out. We were totally blown away by the food quality and the service. Both were outstanding. The patrons were mostly young hipsters and T-Town locals which is a great mix. Everyone was extremely pleasant, music was great and we left totally satisfied to find a “new”place. As most people have stated we would have never found this place if not for TA. Love it!