“Pub Grub”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Some of the better pub-grub eating in Tacoma. The Eggs Bennies were to die for .... especially with a tasty Bloody Mary!

1  Thank PinUpBoy

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided we wanted to try this place out after it was suggested to him. We get there during their happy hour and it's just us in there, which was super cool for me. It was nice and quiet with a chilled ambience going on. We ordered the tasso tacos, elk sliders, and the stoner's wrap. The food was really delicious and of all three that we tried, the elk sliders were my fave with so much flavor and were juicy! We also tried their margaritas on the happy hour menu, and I must say they were small but packed a huge punch. It was definitely a sneak up on you type of drink. We cannot wait to return to try more of their food.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I WILL BE A REPEAT OFFENDER. OVER... AND OVER... AND OVERRRRR!!!

This special place touched my soul. From the easily visible man candies in the back cooking and prepping our food,to the pleasant restrooms which offered awesome lighting for my mirrored selfies , to our waiter who was so sweet . I know I asked his name but I'm sure I forgot ( some tall blue-eyed cutie who was blonde). The staff is super friendly! The vibe is warm and inviting, but has a definite bar overtone to it so there will never be an awkward silence. Lol

PSA: don't come here if you're on a diet, it's not for you, boo!!!

Let's get down to it. Audrey and I had the shrimp and grits and lemme tell you... this ain't cho mama's recipe. (Starting from the bottom) The grits were hella buttery & cheesy , just super rich with flavor all on their own. The next layout of flavor was "the meats" (in my Arby's voice). I had generous shards of thick-cut bacon stashed away within and atop the grits, andouille sausage, and plump seasoned shrimp adding the right amount of saltiness and attitude . The whole lot came protected by a moat of sauce the meats were cooked in (warning it is soupy so don't spill it on yourself). To top off a foodie's wet dream, it came to my table crowned with a beautiful egg over easy just draped over the mound o' deliciousness. It was a magical moment for me. I felt like I was in my own casting of the "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs" movie.

If you can find parking... you, my friend, are in the winner's circle!!‍♂️⛹

Dirty Oscar's Annexed: #CONQUERED

1  Thank MsWhite860
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The place is 21 yrs or older no exception. They are always busy when we try to go. Today, was Our first time going and it definitely won't be our last. Besides it being a bit loud with every one trying to talk over one another the food and drinks certainly made up for my eardrums thumping. Spicy Bloody Maria with bacon was delish and the bacon candy was AMAZEBALLS then to top it off with breakfast of Chicken and Waffles and their Diablo Scramble. We will be back for sure.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We went on a Saturday afternoon for Happy Hour. All of Tacoma must have been on I-5 because the city streets were pretty deserted. We were not all that excited about their alcohol offerings. We had the Manhattan which was waaaaay too sweet for us. Then we worked our way thru the Happy Hour offerings. The cauliflower wings were chunks of cauliflower dipped in corn meal batter and deep fat fried served with a sweet BBQ sauce and a habernero honey sauce. The sliders were pretty good standard slider product. The pork tacos were decent and we were surprised at the smokiness of the pork. The fried chicken burrito was decent although not exceptional. The waiter recommended the cheese tater tots and we figured, why not? As he predicted they were great. Maybe its a local thing, but we had never had ones like this before and they exceeded expectations. The cheese and potato filling was soft and hot and the outside perfectly crispy. The candy bacon was good, but perhaps sweeter than some.

1  Thank Sharon Z