All reviews commencement bay puget sound train noise water view walking path point defiance waffles aveda bath products within walking distance water front quiche jacuzzi tub third floor nice breakfast light sleeper hotel is located close to downtown
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Lovely hotel, friendly accommodating staff, the room was perfect (and I have significant business travel). Third floor, west side of hotel has best view of the sound and sunsets and train horns not audible. My traveling business colleagues were on the east side of the hotel and could hear the train horns. Easy walking distance to great restaurants with over the water dining. Lovely biking/ walking path along the sound.

Room Tip: Third floor west side- do not select east side rooms
Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

This was our second Silvercloud stay and the Tacoma property is exceptional. Our room was large and tastefully outfitted with a water view. Convenient to good restaurants up the street. Breakfastd are full breakfasts and the seating for breakfast also had a view. If this chain were nationwide, it's the only one I'd ever book.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018

The views are gorgeous and the location is perfect EXCEPT for the train tracks located across the street from the hotel. I stayed on weeknights and the train ran every 30-90 minutes blowing it's horn every time it went by the hotel. I requested a room further from the tracks and it was slightly quieter but still woke me many times throughout the night. As nice as the views, staff, breakfast, and rooms are I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay as far as you possibly can from the street/train tracks
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Amazing views from our hotel window. Very nice breakfast buffet. Good walking trails on either side of the hotel. Newspaper outside your door in the morning. Large TV. Aveda bath products. Tight parking.

Room Tip: We loved the view of the Port of Tacoma. So much going on.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2018

We had a great stay here. The hotel is right on the water with amazing views. There are lots of good restaurants within walking distance and the breakfast was good. I especially appreciated the lovely, friendly front desk staff who upgraded us to a room with a great view and had a great suggestion about taking the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle so we could see the city from the water. The room was clean and spacious, and the bed was comfortable. All in all, a great stay! Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Top floor and closest to the water.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
CindyFanning, Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thanks for the very nice review and feedback, 1Brit11! We try to upgrade guests when we can so that we can showcase the terrific view from the rooms. I am so glad you enjoyed it! Hope to see you back again soon!