All reviews room was clean the beds were extremely comfortable indoor pool sink area hotel is located breakfast was included stay there again waffle maker wi fi yogurt freeway laundry hairdryer hallway gal seattle
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night while visiting my parents whose apartment can not accommodate us all. It met our needs well.

Location: South Tacoma along a road of hotels one after another. I-5 is to the back of the hotel.

Hotel: Long corridors on three levels. Elevators across from stairs. Carpet appears to have dark spots but were clean.

Room: Also clean. We had a double Queen bed room that was pretty spacious. There is a safe and iron in the closet. The bathroom has the toilet and tub. There was a sink area across the way with toiletries and a hair dryer. There is a flatscreen TV with cable, mini fridge, microwave, desk, heating and AC unit.

My only complaint is that the curtains don’t cover the length (width) of the window. I think maybe because of the heating and AC unit. It’d be nice if they had shorter curtains to accommodate this because the streetlight was shining into our room the whole night (see pics).

Breakfast: Many of the items you find in moderate range hotels with complimentary breakfasts e.g. waffle maker, breads, pastries, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juices, etc. Breakfast is available from 5-9am which we thought was a late start. Many people came down after 9am and were able to have breakfast. Perhaps they set the hours to account for late comers but rally are okay with 10am?

Service: The gal attending to the breakfast did a good job of replenishing everything. There were so many people in and out, and all of the tables were constantly full. Cat at the front desk was there the whole of our stay from when we checked in in the early evening to when we returned around 11pm to when we had breakfast and checked out the next morning at just about 11am. She was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank wannabefolkie
Comfort I, Front Desk Agent at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Glad we could accommodate you during your visit with your parents. We are easily located along I-5 exit 84th street which makes for easy traveling to and from the hotel. We do appreciate the detailed review and will be using this in our next training to ensure guest satisfaction on every part of the hotel property and service. We hope to see you again if you're ever in town visiting your parents again.

Front Desk Team at Comfort Inn Tacoma

Reviewed 1 October 2017

If the motel was in a different area, I would have rated it higher. There were street walkers and homeless up and down the street. Someone during the night stole things out of our car. Our car is a Model A Ford with side curtains, no roll-up windows, which made it easy for the thief. However, it is the first time we have ever had anything stolen from our car, and we've put over 100K miles of travel on it. No security camera covering the area, even though it was close to the office. The room itself was clean, had a comfy bed with a light on each side. There was an upholstered chair, but no light to read by. Hot breakfast, with cinnamon waffles. Coffee doesn't have much flavor. A/C fan runs continuously, cycles in and out. The area itself overshadows the good points of the motel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank ModelAtraveler
Comfort I, Front Desk at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for the review of our property. Happy to hear you took advantage of the hot/cold breakfast and hopefully got to dip your toes in the heated pool. I am sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory regarding our location and on behalf of the entire staff we apologize that your car was victim to thieves. Our staff takes a great deal of pride in our hotel and in trying to make it the best in the area. We wish you safe travels and if you are ever in the neighborhood we would be happy to have you as our guest.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca C.
Comfort Inn Tacoma
253-531-3118

Reviewed 20 September 2017

The staff and breakfast were great, but the facility looked a bit dated. We enjoyed our short stay, and everything worked as it should, but the decor and appearance were looking a bit old. I understand that it is not cheap to update all the time, but I feel that it is about time.

The staff were very friendly and efficient. The front desk was efficient and every time I talked with them, they quickly answered and provided me with whatever I needed. So there is no fear that the staff will not provide an excellent service.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room towards the back away from the busy street. We did not hear any cars and we were in the front of the building.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Comfort I, front Desk at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay but sorry you didn't feel the recent renovations with new beds, floors,and wall paper quite hit the mark for you. Your feedback is very important to us and we will use this information to help improve future stays. Pleased you received friendly service from staff during your time with us. Hope you will book with us again in the near future.

Rebecca
Comfort Inn
253-538-6981

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Arrived at hotel and no one at front desk to receive us. When Ebony came out to greet us she was amazing at making us very comfortable and welcomed. The room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room coffee was even good. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Was in rooms 213 and 214 and they were outstanding. Good hotel for the price.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Comfort I, Front Desk Staff at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and hotel. We work hard in making each guest feel like this is their home away from home. We hope the next time you are in the Tacoma Seattle area you will keep us in mind.

Warm Wishes,

Nicole

Reviewed 11 September 2017

The Tacoma Comfort Inn pretty well filled my bill. My room was clean and the window opened so that I could air out the slight bleach smell. Everything in the room worked well (expect that bathroom fan was very noisy). The hot chocolate chip cookies in the evening were a good touch.
This hotel is located along the freeway in a lower income area of Tacoma. In the immediate area are several chain hotels and I had no problems with vandalism or outside noise. The hotel had the typical Choicehotel fare for breakfast which I find very satisfactory. They even had twinkie for nostalgia at breakfast. Sadly, the twinkie was not nearly as good as I remembered a kid. Note: they have several much healthier options for breakfast.
I would like to rate this hotel as 4.5*. But the rate is good for the Northwest Washington area. I find the prices of hotels in this area to be extremely high. I searched several websites, and prices for everything I examined was inordinately expensive. Overall this turned out to be a good option.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Comfort I, desk/ Audit at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our staff very much appreciated your wonderful feedback. The neighborhood doesn't reflect our hotel or the staff that works here. We take a great deal of pride in our hotel and in trying to make it the best in the area. Were happy that your overall stay was good and hope that you are able to stay with us in the near future and enjoy more of the fresh hot cookies in the evening.

Kind Regards,