All reviews cookies and milk room was clean front desk staff each evening spent two nights yogurt pool and hot tub checking in seattle area lewis foyer dryer kitchenette pros cons clerk
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Property was recently overhauled; to call it a reno would be doing it a disservice. Service was really great. Everyone was friendly, seemed genuinely happy and eager to please. Rooms look sharp, bed was comfy, window coverings appropriate for diffusing light or eliminating it altogether. There's a microwave, refrigerator, and Keurig in the room. The restaurant on site has a full bar so while the menu wasn't vast, I appreciated the adult beverage offerings. Unfortunately the hotel is right off busy Hwy 5 and below the flight path for the military base. It. Is. Loud. I was prepared and brought ear plugs so sleeping wasn't a problem for me. Water pressure in the shower was terrible; pretty nonexistent. And while on the surface everything seemed clean, there was an underlying odor in my room. The bathroom was tiny and it was apparent the toilet was not new. There was dirt on the base. Not pretty. I stayed here because my preferred hotel was sold out; not sure I want to come back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I travel for a living, so I stay in hotels 4-5 days/week. Luckily I only had to stay in this hotel for one night. The facility is in desperate need of repairs, and they had some type of moisture problem on my floor (3rd)- there were carpet fans present, and they had the best turned way up which made it very uncomfortable and muggy. It also had a very musky, moldy, old smell in the hallways.

The front desk staff who checked me on around 1pm was very nice, helpful, and patient. My colleague and I were both staying here in 2 separate rooms, I was on the 3rd and she on the 4th floor. We went to get snacks out of the vending machine and there were literally 2 bags of chips inside! If you come here, make sure to stop at a nearby store on the way.

My colleague and I also tried the fitness center, which was open 24 hours (a big plus for me). The problem was, we turned the air conditioner on in the fitness room, and it did not seem to cool it off at all- it was very hot and muggy inside the room, which was unpleasant to work out in. One of the treadmills wasn't working (the incline) was broken, so we had to switch off using the only other one- which worked out okay since we were only ones in there.

My coworker and I happened to both get handicapped rooms (not sure why). My room didn't have a full length mirror, and the bed was very low to ground. The room just didn't have that "fresh hotel" feel when I walked in, and in fact, was very dingy. The bedding, including dust ruffle, was older and the bed wasn't made like I'm used to (fresh creases)- it seemed sloppy and old. The shower head was awful- it was supposed to have 3 functions: to be hand-held, to go up and down, and to lean back and forth. My shower head was very loose and impossible to get right to be able to take a nice shower. My coworker also complained that her shower head was not good either. I also found a few ants walking around in the bathroom (yuk)!

A bizarre thing that happened while we were there. There were doorbells on both mine and my colleague's rooms- when I got to my room, of course I had to try it, but there was no sound. I pressed multiple times to see if maybe it was just not loud enough for me to hear. When i was unpacking, I noticed a light switch near the door- I thought perhaps this is how the doorbell is turned on. I turned it on and tried several times again- no luck. After unpacking I noticed I had several missed calls from my coworker- I immediately called her back. She was so scared because someone kept ringing her doorbell, and when she would look out peephole- no one was there. After further discussion, we figured out that MY doorbell rang into HER ROOM!! So weird, as we were on separate floors and were at opposite ends of hallway. She let front desk know, but they didn't seem to believe us.

The breakfast we had in the morning was good- very typical of Holiday Inn. Coffee was pretty good, and we enjoyed our eggs.

Personally, I would not stay at this hotel again- I was very disappointed, as usually I ca. Count on Holiday Inn Express locations to be pretty much the same- which is a good thing. This location was older and did not have the fresh, clean, home-like feeling that I'm used to.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank lissahurley
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We are IHG Rewards Club members, and have been for several years. In general, we have found the Holiday Inn Express locations to be our preferred choice due to availability, affordability, and amenities.

In our recent trip to Tacoma to visit family, we reserved a room at Holiday Inn Express Tacoma on Hosmer street. On our arrival, we are initially VERY concerned with our parking situation. The parking lot was VERY crowded with less than 2 spots available, and difficult to maneuver. When I checked in, and asked about parking, I was told to park “anywhere,” so we ended up parking in front of “massage parlor” next door. Needlesstosay, I did not feel confident leaving my vehicle parked at this location, but I had no other choice.

On the arrival to our non-smoking room, on the posted “Non-Smoking” floor, we opened our room (after having to return immediately to the front desk as our room keys did not work) and were immediately accosted with the smell of stale smoke, which has persisted throughout our 1-night stay.

Overnight, sleep was elusive, which can happen at anytime, but sleep was not encouraged by the noise of neighbors in all directions. Daily living sounds (normal conversations, opening/closing drawers, walking, children running) are heard in all directions (rooms next door, above us, below us, outside). It seems apparent that sound dampening insulation is very poor.

While we usually are very confident to reserve rooms at any Holiday Inn Express nationwide, sight-unseen, this experience has shaken my confidence in the brand.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ElenTikvah
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Needed a room last minute and hotwire sent me here. Mary and Chami were excellent and made my stay wonderful. Highly recommended place to stay if you want a room for an affordable price with quality. Much better than the competition.

Room Tip: Hot tube in room in the best! Get it all steamy and sexy...lol
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2018

I flew across the country for a week to go to a wedding and was met with a situation that left me in a tight spot due to mistakes with a rental car company. I would have been in a real problem had Mary at the front desk not been so attentive and helpful. She was able to take care of the situation easily and was always there with a smile to help!

In addition to Mary, the housekeeping staff did a wonderful job of keeping the room tidy and giving me a clean place to stay for an extended trip. The staff certainly sets this Holiday Inn apart from its other counterparts across the country.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo