“Best chowder around!!”

Duke's Chowder House
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Chowder House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 765 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The location is beautiful, the food always excellent and good service! We never miss a chance to eat at Duke's!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Service is great. Dawn was our server. The traditional chowder is very good. The fish was good but not great. The view is nice even on a rainy day. I recommend you have the chowder and desert; skip the entrees. Lunch, Two people, no drinks, no desert, $58 before tip.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our inaugural visit to Duke's. I brought my sweetheart (who's also my wife) for an early dinner on a Monday night and had one of the most enjoyable meals we've ever experienced in Tacoma. Service was excellent. Waiter was knowledgable and helpful.

We tried the award-winning clam chowder and did find it to be exceptional; somewhat bisque-like. Could have been slightly warmer. We then shared an order of coconut prawns, which were AMAZING! They are hand-breaded fresh, after being soaked in buttermilk. A $10 order (happy hour price) includes five, which come in a bowl fashioned from grilled parmesan.

We then shared the stuffed salmon ($40.00) which the kitchen was happy to split, which was served with mixed veggies. The squash had a slight smokiness too it, and was cooked just a notch more than al dente, which was just right. The salmon also was delicious, and the sauce accented perfectly.

The ambience was cozy, even though guests were sparse due to the dark and stormy night. Since our table was a focal point, my only critique is that we were served a little too quickly between courses. But we have good reasons to go again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took some employees and their wives out for a appreciation dinner and decided to go to dukes. what a great experience we had. everyone couldn't wait to get back to the shop and tell others here about the great food, service and atmosphere they had. I made a wonderful choice and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stooped by for lunch just about noon on Monday. We were welcomed and sat quickly with a lovely water view. Our waitress was very pleasant and knowledgeable. I ordered the Dutchess combo and my husband ordered Dukes favorite pasta with blackened salmon. The lobster chowder on the combo was hot and flavorful, as were the sweet potato fries. The half sandwich was packed with crab and avocado. I was glad that I ordered the half sandwich because it was plenty. The pasta was hot and quite flavorful and the salmon cooked perfectly. We would definitely recommend.