“Good beef brisket for Puget Sound, but a pricey lunch”

Branks BBQ & Catering
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Sumner
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Brank's BBQ opened in November 1995, in our original location in downtown Sumner by Charles & Lori Brank. Febuary 2005 we moved to our present location in the industrial park in Sumner. Still family owned and operated!Dine in, Take out & Catering
Reviewed 13 July 2015

A prior reviewer indicated that this was "a little bit of Texas near Seattle," which is pretty accurate. I'm a repeat customer since December of 2014.

Brank's is a great spot for barbecue and beef brisket near the south end, just one block off route WA-167 in the industrial section of north Sumner (about 15 minutes south of Auburn). I've been there for the lunch several times in the last year, despite finding it slightly pricey for the lunch hour wallet, so it turned into more of a special occasion -- otherwise I'd go back more often. Needless to say I have the brisket every time, which is comparable to the Dickey's chain. If you like a bit of a kick, ask for the spicier barbecue sauce.

There's plenty of variety with sides, including a decent homemade slaw, mac & cheese, and potato salad. The gals there are sweet and pleasant, whether you're eating in or doing take-out. You can call for your order in advance, and they also cater. Highly recommended, but I can only give it 4 of 5 stars for its prices.

1  Thank JediSushiChef

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Can't say enough about this barbecue joint.....family owned and operating. Attentive wait staff. Superb smoked meats. Superior barbecued beans. Cornbread like grandma makes. Sweet tea.
Gotta go back, again and again and again.

1  Thank Candyce R
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

My golf buddies and I always stop at Brank's after a round at any nearby course, except on Sunday's when they're closed. The restaurant and take out offers a small but powerful menu, featuring beautifully smoked beef, pork and chicken. Add some great sides and you have a complete meal, likely with leftovers. Signature items include the rib tips (when available), the cowboy beans and the iced sweet tea. We've never had a bad meal, and the cheerful friendly service complete the experience. This is a family-run faith-based operation for nearly twenty years, so no alcohol. But that's no matter, the food is awesome.

Reviewed 22 June 2015

I personally visit Branks for lunch etc and always great food. We have Branks frequently for company lunch and gatherings over the last 10 years and its always been fantastic and consistent.

Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

I was surprised to find this as a sit-down restaurant in a warehouse district. I don't see pork tenderloin on the menu at bbq joints often, so decided to try it. It had nice smoke ring and good flavor; the heel was a bit dry, but the rest was quite moist. I had bbq beans and fries for sides. It was a pretty small portion of beans, which had a strong onion flavor, but the fries are real and abundant. They provide two sauces, "sweet" and "spicy": the latter is only slightly more so; otherwise, they taste similar: sweet, vinegary, and peppery, and very tasty on the fries. Pretty good value for $8.79 on the lunch menu.

Been to Branks BBQ & Catering? Share your experiences!