“Good dinner, great service ”

Wild Sage American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Sage American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 949 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Downtown Spokane's Premier Restaurant and Happy Hour. Wild Sage is consistently rated as one of the best restaurants in Spokane and is winner of the Full Service Restaurant of the Year award from the Washington Restaurant Association. We are the premier downtown bistro for casual and romantic dinners, or drinks, desserts and small plates after a show or event.
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We visited for the first time for an anniversary dinner after hearing great reviews. Our table was waiting and we were seated and waited on promptly. Menu seemed somewhat limited but some good choices. The appetizer was very good as was my fish and shrimp dish. My husband didn’t think the calves liver had much flavor, (He loves the liver I make) but was fine. We were too full for dessert so the server (can’t remember her name) gave us a complimentary dessert card for a later time, which was very kind. We are glad we visited. We will probably return.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Went here with friends for a nice dinner and had a simply amazing culinary experience. Thoroughly enjoyed the food from Apps to entrees.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Had dinner with my son and daughter in-law. Service was exceptional. Very attentive.
Everyone enjoyed there meals and appetizers. I had the duck that had rave reviews from a few people we talked to. Great flavors but the meat itself was disappointing. The accompaniments were excellent but I couldn't tell you exactly what everything was. This was the only disappointment and while it was good, I felt like I may have just got a lesser peace of meat. The steak was the hit of the table and we got the Brussel sprouts and they we excellent. I would recommend this for a excellent meal. But I guess there is always a chance of something not being perfect on any given night. We also had some steak bits with pears and a dipping sauce. Great flavor.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

What a find! This is my favorite restaurant in the U.S.A. so far. The quality of ingredients, the exquisit presentation, the wonderful wait staff and the lovely ambiance made for possibly the most memorable dining experience of my life, and I am not young by any means. There wasn't a thing that didn't work. This will be a place to which my husband and I will definitely return every time we are in Spokane. I cannot sing the Wild Sage American Bistro praises enough. Not one single thing disappointed us, but rather each dish delighted. The wine was also excellent. Everything was excellent. We were both over the moon!

1  Thank smsan1
Tom S, Owner at Wild Sage American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

It's funny, after all these years, my heart still misses a beat with the thought of bad experience in our restaurant. When I first opened the review, I saw the first word in the title "Died" and thought "this isn't starting off good"! You can't imagine how happy I was to see that this was meant in a good way! We can not thank you enough for your exuberant review. We are delighted that you had such a great experience and to be your #1 pick of a lifetime is a magnificent honor. We hope that your travels bring you back to Spokane soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

We are always looking for creative and imaginative dishes. The food at Wild Sage meets our requirements. It is not only creative, it is excellent and beautifully presented. The servers are very pleasant and helpful with selections and descriptions. My only suggestion is that you not sit next to the windows in winter. Of course, that applies to any restaurant in Spokane.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Wild Sage. I am happy to report that we just added a second door last week with a vestibule that has significantly helped with heat retention. We also installed thick velour drapes for the winter that are not only cozy looking, but add a layer of insulation. I think you will notice the difference. Happy new year, and we hope you visit again soon.