“Anniversary Dinner”

Anthony's at Spokane Falls
Reserve with OpenTable
Anthony's at Spokane Falls is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 949 Restaurants in Spokane
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

We had our anniversary dinner there last evening August 22, 2018. Everything is exceptional: Food, service, wine, dessert. They surprised us with a dessert on a white plate with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate. We love the fresh seafood menu cooked to perfection. Valet parking is also appreciated. This is our favorite restaurant for special occasions. Thank you Anthonys.

1  Thank SpokaneTraveler15
AnthonysRestsNW, Guest Relations Manager at Anthony's at Spokane Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing this! I am so thrilled that you had a wonderful time and we are so honored that you love to spend your special occasions at Anthony's! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Wish you could give 1/2 stars. I couldn't give it a full 5 stars, but 4 didn't seem enough. I've lived in the Spokane area for most of my life & always heard about Anthony's and intended to check it out. For some reason we just never made it, until last night. We were not disappointed.

First the good - almost everything.
*Price - other reviews claim it is "over-priced". I'm not sure what they expect to pay for a high-quality, fresh, seafood dinner. Guessing they don't go out to higher-end restaurants much. We actually thought we'd have to pay more & thought the prices were quite reasonable for the type of restaurant. I'm not saying it's inexpensive, but the cost should be anticipated.
*Drinks - they have a very nice selection of everything - beer, wine, alcohol. We were fortunate to be there while fresh peaches were on the menu...their fresh peach daiquiri was very good! The rest of our party tried a few of the beer & wine selections - and liked them as well. One couple even took a pic of the wine bottle so they could find it & buy it for themselves to enjoy at home.
*Food - everything we ordered was fantastic. They have a standard menu (always available options) with an added "fresh menu" - which changes daily based on what they are able to obtain fresh. There were quite a few fresh options (not just 1-2 like some other seafood restaurants "special of the day"). Everyone at the table ordered different items - everything was very good...no complaints.
*Service - they offer free valet parking, which is nice due to the smaller parking right beside the restaurant. If you park yourself, you may have to walk a little to the front door. We had a reservation & were seated a little early - we've been places where a reservation time didn't seem to mean anything. Our waitress was awesome! Very attentive - within her availability with other tables. But even if she was busy - if any of courses/drinks were ready, it was immediately brought out by others...did not sit waiting. She even assisted in getting a group picture outside in front of the falls.
*Atmosphere - the view of the falls is amazing. What a backdrop for a nice meal. We were NOT window front - we were across the aisle. Even there, the view was great as the back rows are raised a little higher so you can see past the other tables. You can even dine outdoors on the deck with an even closer view of the falls.

Now for the bad - only one thing (from our perspective)
*Menu selections - don't get me wrong - there are plenty of menu selections. However, there are not many selections that offer a variety of seafood together. The good news is - they will pretty much put together whatever you asked for. For example, I prefer a Ribeye steak over a Sirloin, but only the Sirloin came with a seafood side (prawns) on the menu. Also my husband wanted a ribeye steak & halibut. No problem - they added prawns & halibut to our entrees. It would be nice if there was a sort of "add-on" menu - where you could choose various seafood choices so you could enjoy smaller portions of a wider variety of awesomely prepared seafood (that's why your at Anthony's - right?). Since we were a larger party - several of us ordered different things so we did get to try a wide assortment, but would have preferred some of them on my own plate.

Long story, short - great food, reasonable price. If you're reading reviews trying decide whether or not to go try it - GO! ENJOY! You may want a reservation - because they are very popular (for good reason).

1  Thank Sandra S

Hi Sandra!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this! I am so happy that you had an awesome experience and thank you for your suggestions! I'm pleased that you had a wonderful time and thank you so much for providing all of this helpful and detailed information! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Recently, my husband and I had an early dinner at Anthony's Downtown Spokane, and it was excellent, starting with the free valet parking, which they suggest you utilize because of the limited parking on location. We met some Canadian friends who wanted to sit outside, and since it was their treat, we said Yes (although I had never ventured outside before on a really hot day). Mind you, this was a 102 degree day and we met them at 4:30 pm in order to get Happy Hour, and still have time to get some things done after dinner. At first, there was only one other table being used outside, and we sat enjoying drinks and catching up for at least 45 minutes. The wait staff was very attentive, but were happy with our wanting to wait before ordering. They did bring us some hot sourdough bread and butter. Also, the outside space started to fill up quite quickly. In spite of what I had thought the environment would be outside, it was extremely pleasant even in the extreme heat. You see, the sun was pretty low by that time, and there's large A-frame roof arches which block the sun at that time of day. While it wasn't breezy, it was still pleasant ... what a surprise to me!
Now for the Happy Hour treats! After looking at the menu, we ALL decided to go with the "Anthony's Sunset Dinner" served M-F from 4 - 6 pm, which is a 4-course meal for $24.95 each! This is what I had: starter was a small Shrimp Cocktail, then a Seafood Salad with blue cheese dressing, then my entree was Seafood Duo (salmon & shrimp) with rice pilaf & seasonal vegetables, and then dessert for me was the Burnt Cream. (If I remember correctly, there were 2 choices for Appetizer, the choice of salad or their award-winning Seafood Clam Chowder soup for the salad course, maybe 5 choices for entree, and maybe 4 choices for desserts; something for every palate!)
We had a great time catching up with friends, and it was a nice day to sit outside! I highly recommend Anthony's in Spokane, which overlooks the Spokane Falls downtown, which makes for great views! Give it a try!

1  Thank bgrd2001
AnthonysRestsNW, Guest Relations Manager at Anthony's at Spokane Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this in such great detail! I am so thrilled that you had a wonderful time and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Anthony’s is a short walk from the Gondolas with an incredible view of the river and falls. We sat outside with a beautiful view. The food was delicious , service was great. No rush we were able to enjoy lunch and relax and enjoy the view. If you go up the street you have access to a footbridge and park .

Thank you so much for sharing this, Melanie! I am so thrilled that you had an excellent experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We had reservations at 6pm and were seated early but not at the window as requested. The service was slow for a half full restaurant. The food was good but not worth the price. The view was obscured due to the smoke (not their fault). While our server told our 21 year old birthday son happy birthday, there was no special dessert for him. They have done this in the past. I will not plan to return.

Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing this! I am so sorry that this was a disappointing experience! We hold ourselves to very high standards and I'm so sorry that we missed the mark with you this time! I have passed this along to the general manager and I would love to get your phone number sot that the general manager can personally touch base with you regarding this experience! Again, I am truly sorry and I hope to hear from you soon!
-Molli, feedback@anthonys.com