“Great location, beautiful view”

Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane
Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I had the pleasure this past weekend to stay at the Oxford Suites Downtown, in Spokane. This was my first time visiting Spokane. The hotel is perfectly situated by the river and walking distance to the downtown shopping center. Our room came with two passes for the cocktail hour ( which I'm sad I missed) and a hot breakfast. I liked that the breakfast included more than just bread and eggs. I liked how big the room was, and that it came with a microwave and decent size fridge.

Room Tip: ask for a city view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,406)

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Great location for a rest room was clean bed and pillows comfortable nice view of river. And food and beverage perks were a nice bonus to entice our stay. Only complaint is room next to us screaming loud F BOMBS wrestling, pounding walls doors , let staff know but still continued 2am and more. Then slamming door over and over at 6am staff should have been on this room as it was opened to the lobby and desk below. ☹️
We would still stay again and hope for better luck with considerate people beside us a little expensive for a sleepover with disturbed rest

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

While this wasn't a horrible experience, I definitely won't be back. Lots of small things added up to a negative experience.

The bed was incredibly uncomfortable. I have a bad back after surgery from a work injury a few years ago, but this was the first time in years I woke up in pain every morning and had to take medication for it.

The carpets are the exact color that hides dinge and dirt -- so you're not sure if they are grungy or clean. This does not inspire confidence in the clean possibility. And by grunge, I also mean they probably looked fantastic in the 90s. Outdated, like everything else decor-wise.

You can hear every noise your neighbors next to, above, or below you make. Also, there is nothing even resembling a dresser except one drawer just off the floor in the entertainment center. Because of my back, I ended up living out of my suitcase on the couch.

The Wi-Fi constantly disconnected and reconnected on both my laptop and phone, and lost signal completely once I got on the balcony or outside the door of the hotel. The TV didn't work so well, taking 5-10 seconds to change channels after 3-5 attempts to get it to turn on.

For the record, there is NO restaurant. There is a breakfast bar I would rate as adequate/better than nothing since it was free. If you're diabetic or eating low-carb, be prepared to eat nothing but eggs and sausage every morning. The evening reception is a disaster. The free drinks are limited to soda, wine, or beer -- but only two kinds of local beer. If you want a cheap domestic after a long day, you're out of luck. Dinner food has like 10 choices: a few appetizers, a few entrees, a few desserts. I don't eat beef or pork, so my only option the first night was a hummus plate. After 25 minutes, a bowl with a scoop of hummus, sour cream and cucumber, buffalo wing-style celery, and baby carrots arrived. A $10 decision I immediately regretted. AND the only reason I opted for this was because the the soup and salad bar was pathetic: one type of soup (with beef) and the following salad options: bagged salad mix, old chopped broccoli, the same baby carrots from my hummus plate, and three dressings. I wish I was joking, and this was the same every night. I ended up stopping on campus for dinner or grabbing Wendy's on my way back from campus the rest of my stay.

On the plus side, everyone was very friendly. The best thing about my stay was the amazing cookies they had in the little gift shop (everything is sold at airport prices FYI, $6 for a mini lint roller!). I paid extra for a river view, which was nice -- but if you don't enjoy traffic noise, don't expect to leave the door open. (And hope your screen door actually works.)

It wasn't my worst experience in a hotel, but I did not enjoy my time at Oxford Suites. I even considered leaving after the first full day for another nearby hotel, but was just too busy with my class at Gonzaga to deal with it. I will not be back when I return to Spokane.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Excellent hotel and location! Riverfront view is beautiful and room was spacious and comfortable. We were able to walk to riverfront area and our stay coincided with their festival - it was great! There is an evening reception with coupons for drinks and a free hot breakfast. It is also close to the airport. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Choose a river view room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have stayed at this hotel for both business and pleasure. It is always clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, and they have a great breakfast. We did not get a chance to use the pool or spa on our last visit, but have in the past and found it very relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel