“Good family dinner with long beer list”
Review of Manito Tap House

Manito Tap House
Ranked #24 of 949 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a gastropub that serves scratch-made food that complements our 50 draft beers and 50+ bottles of beer. We serve Northwest wines, cocktails and we are a 4 Star Certified Green Restaurant. Our large covered patio is equipped with patio heaters for cool evenings. We do welcome kids in our dining room and on our patio.
Reviewed 19 May 2018

Went with two younger children and 4 adults for Saturday dinner. We got there at 5 and had no trouble getting a table, but when we left at 6:30 there was a long wait line. They do have some outside tables as well as a bar and indoor table seating.
The people working there were all nice and helpful. Didn't hesitate to bring beer samples as we tried to figure out what to get from the very lengthy beer options.
The menu is limited but has some vegetarian options and some good looking starter options. My husband and I got a burger. He got the Tap house burger which he really enjoyed. I got the basic burger and I thought the meat was a little greasy but it was cooked just right. The kids loved the mac and cheese and oranges on the side.
Other family members got the cauliflower Tangiene and the curry wrap. Both were rated as good.
While it's called a tap house, it's a good place to bring kids at least early in the evening. Kind of noisy and easy to clean surfaces. There is a kids menu and they get crayons and the back of the menu is the usual coloring opportunity.
I would go back for beer and a starter. I'd like to try the brisket sliders next time.

1  Thank Sandra B
TA-Manager-Response, Manager at Manito Tap House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

"This is a good casual place for beer and food. The service was friendly and prompt."... Thanks for your feedback!! We hope you come in to try our brisket sliders soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Another awesome time at the taphouse! Great Staff and always nice to visit with all of them. The best service around.

1  Thank ThomasKBrunke
TA-Manager-Response, Manager at Manito Tap House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

"The best service around."... You just made our day!!!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly service and AMAZING FOOD! We were greeted with a smile and we were served with a smile. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Juan A
TA-Manager-Response, Manager at Manito Tap House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thanks for the recommendation!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

After 40 days of fasting my daughter and I decided to have our long awaited burger with fries.
Very disappointed
The server was "nice" but not engaged. We ordered and I asked for no bread and she brought my burger with bread. My daughter ordered the iceberg wedge salad (which includes BACON) and it came without it!! The salad was the iceberg lettuce without blue cheese, BACON & little to no walnuts and 3 slivers of apple slices.
My burger which is advertised thick and inviting in their pics, came in 3" diameter and .05 oz Patty.
I weighed and measured it (I know, I monitor my protein).
VERY DISAPPOINTED
Beer selection is GRAND and that may explain why reviews are good
;-p

1  Thank H H
TA-Manager-Response, Manager at Manito Tap House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

We're sorry that was your experience. We would love to give more information about your visit, such as the time and date of your visit and your servers name or description. These details will help us do some follow-on training. We're assuming you meant 5 oz burger. Our burgers are weighed out to 6 oz before cooking which is a pretty sizeable burger. Of course if they don't flatten it out properly before cooking, it can certainly look puny. If you wouldn't mind reaching out to us, you can reach us at info at theblackbirdspokane dot com.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Always a great time and friendly people and staff great food and great beer selection as always. Need to bring back the Yam chips.

1  Thank ThomasKBrunke
TA-Manager-Response, Manager at Manito Tap House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thanks for the review and suggestion! We removed the yam chips because we weren't happy with their consistency. The starch and moisture content varied widely during the year resulting in soggy and/or chewy chips once in a while. We'll try and feature them on our fresh sheet so our fans can get their fix. Thanks again...cheers!

Been to Manito Tap House? Share your experiences!