All reviews sapphire lounge knitting factory great location downtown spokane limited parking overflow lot motor inn overflow parking across the street within walking distance room was clean boutique hotel train tracks two blocks fridge and microwave continental breakfast riverfront park
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We loved the location of the hotel being right in downtown Spokane and close to I90 turn off. The room was small, but ok. We had to park one block away at Ruby2 and pay $5 a day for the ‘convenience.’ Having also stayed in Ruby2, I would stay there again any day over the Ruby. However, in both locations the WiFi was so slow we relied on our cell phones. I know the hotels were busy as it was the weekend on both occasions but it was still frustrating.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anny G, Manager at Hotel Ruby, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry to hear that the WiFi was giving you trouble. Please let our Front Desk Agent's know of any problem during your stay so we can troubleshoot the issue and make it right.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I checked in to the hotel ruby last week when in Spokane for a show. the man working the front desk made me feel comfortable enough to leave a $200 cash deposit on the room and shortly after checking into my room the man at the front desk made a copy of my room key and gave it to another patron that had checked in, as my wife was changing her clothes somebody opened up my door that appeared drunk and out of it. after sending him on his way the front desk apologized and assured there would be no more inconveniences. the following morning when checking out the lady at the front desk insisted on checking my room before giving me my deposit. after taking nearly 10 minutes she came back down and claimed that I had ashes all over my floor and that she is keeping my $200 deposit. that couldn't be any further from the truth, we don't even smoke and definitely did not in that room. this felt like a well rehearsed act that is pulled often. I would rather sleep in my car or a tent rather than waste my hard earned money at this dishonest disorderly establishment

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Anny G, General Manager at Hotel Ruby, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Dear Sir, it is our policy to have a cash deposit when a credit card is not present. This is not a matter of being comfortable or not. If you had not left the deposit, you would not have been able to check in.
While it may not be true that you didn't smoke, clearly one of the 4 other unauthorized guests did, in fact, smoke. Since you signed an agreement upon check-in that states that you will not smoke in our rooms, we had hoped you would honor that.
Smoking in a room damages the rooms, which is why we are so serious about the $200 fee for smoking in them. In fact, the state of the room was so bad, we could not sell it that night.
We try to keep our rooms in excellent, clean condition for all of our guests, and take the breaking of our policies very seriously.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

We loved this hotel, great beds, nice breakfast, cool vibe, wonderful staff. We were here 4 nights over Thanksgiving and we had great service. Walking distance to many things, nice and close to the Amtrak station

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Anny G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ruby, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Stacey B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a few kind words about your time here. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Ruby. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Warmest Regards,
Hotel Ruby

Reviewed 20 November 2017

What's with the all the bad reviews on this place? My wife and I came to Spokane to see a concert at the Knitting factory. It is for that reason I chose this hotel; The concert venue and the Ruby are quite literally across the street from one another. It is indeed a simple place to lounge and slumber, but really what more does one need? To reserve a room at this establishment the attraction undoubtedly lies in the location. It is central to the entertainment district of the city, it is nestled deep in the heart of spokane and I must say it is not an ugly heart, but a heart abound with life and food and shops to name a few. To stay here at the Ruby you must know why you are staying here. Is it because it is cheap? that's viable but there are other cheap places to stay. Is it because you simply stumbled upon it thinking nothing else of it, expecting things that are not to be expected when trying to find solitude or enchantment, or extravagance, or luxury and so on? Hotel Ruby is just what it needs to be and where it needs to be. It's simple and that is sometimes just what we need.
Looking for a place to stay because you wish to walk or stumble your way to bed after a concert or performance of sorts? Then this is your place. The staff is friendly, and the rooms are clean. You will have no trouble finding nourishment, the eateries are bountiful in the area. Shopping is less than a stone's throw and not at any time did we feel unsafe or unwelcome, when strolling the streets late at night.
Heed this Review trip advisors and advisees, it's the simple things that we need to appreciate, and I appreciate Hotel Ruby. You should too!

Room tip: Being the type of Hotel/motel this is, I chose a room on the top floor as to the possibility of footsteps heard overhead.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Wow, spot on! That's exactly what we are trying to be - simple, clean and friendly! Thank you for summing it all up so well. We are really grateful for this kind review and hope to see you again soon! Warm regards, the Hotel Ruby Staff

Reviewed 19 November 2017

My family had the suite here and we enjoyed our stay. Close to many bars, restaurants and the shopping mall. They even have bikes you can rent! Parking is tight, so be prepared to park at Ruby 2 which is about a 2 block walk from this hotel. We would come back.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Ryanfabro,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Ruby. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warmest Regards,