All reviews sapphire lounge knitting factory great location downtown spokane limited parking motor inn overflow parking room was clean across the street within walking distance boutique hotel train tracks waffles continental breakfast fridge and microwave riverfront park coffee maker
Reviewed 19 November 2017

My family had the suite here and we enjoyed our stay. Close to many bars, restaurants and the shopping mall. They even have bikes you can rent! Parking is tight, so be prepared to park at Ruby 2 which is about a 2 block walk from this hotel. We would come back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Anny G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ruby, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Ryanfabro,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Ruby. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warmest Regards,
Hotel Ruby

Reviewed 12 November 2017

One of the few good things about this hotel is the bar. I was feeling under the weather and was able to get a hot toddy to help me feel better before bed. The elevator is a death trap I utilized since I was feeling too ill for stairs.

My room was decorated with a veneer of filth that extended from the walls to the dirty baseboards. The toilet resembled a fixture from an elementary school bathroom and the 1990s clock radio and cheap bedside lamps need USB ports. The first night I was in bed, I thought the pillows smelled dirty. I dismissed the stink pillows since I knew I didn't feel well. I slept with my socks on because I didn't want my bare feet touching the floor.

Night two, I did not return early enough to get a parking spot and had to park across the street. Parking at Hotel Ruby's "overflow parking" at their other location was not an option; I was NOT walking back two blocks alone after dark. Around midnight, my neighbors were so loud I complained to the front desk, but since my room was located near the building's front the street and bar noises were unavoidable. I confirmed the pillows stank like greasy hair. Ironically, "Hotel California" blared from an outdoor speaker somewhere nearby.

The only redeeming experience of night three at Hotel Ruby was realizing it was the final night of my stay. The Friday night street noise was unbearable. For some reason the front desk allowed two drunk women, Amber and Tiffany, to argue in on the sidewalk in front of the bar until well after 1 am. Amber was upset because Tiffany wasn't as attentive to their friendship as she should be-- I know this because I heard the whole thing as clearly as if the duo were in my room. Amber and Tiffany's relationship was as malodorous as the pillows on the bed.

If another trip to Spokane is in my future, I will not stay at Hotel Ruby. However, I am confident wherever I do stay, I will still smell Hotel Ruby's pillows from miles away.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Holly B
Anny G, Manager at Hotel Ruby, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

We are sorry to hear that you were feeling under the weather during your stay. We are glad the Sapphire Lounge helped you before bed with a comforting hot toddy. The bathrooms in our rooms are recently remodeled and we continue to remodel our rooms. Cleanliness is our highest priority, and we are very proud of our housekeeping team. Our custom beds and clean linens help our guests feel comfortable during their stay. We wish you the best Holly B.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I gave two stars because the room is clean and the location is good. I would have never picked a room here had I known the doors were on the outside of the building. There's no safe in the room. The walls are so thin that I got woken up every night by the person snoring so loud in the next room over. I would not stay here again. I'm shocked that they dressed up and old motel and put the name hotel on it.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

We love our location and are very proud of our cleanliness. Providing personal service and fulfilling the needs of our guests is our top priority. Hotel Ruby offers a mini fridge and microwave in each room; complimentary WiFi is also provided. We offer the best parking price in the downtown area, and a complimentary continental breakfast in the morning for our guests. To end your night, the Sapphire Lounge is another great amenity we have that offers light dinner fare and great drinks.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Stayed for one night. Excellent downtown location. Cool retro motor-court vibe. Nice artwork throughout. Clean, comfortable rooms with unique décor and a great TV. Easy walking to restaurants. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Iyamapirate,

Thank you for taking the time to write a few kinds about your stay! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything. We look forward to hosting you again!

Warmest Regards,
Hotel Ruby

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Let me get this out of the way first: The Hotel Ruby was a redone motor court hotel. Once you have that in your mind, you can now be ready to expand that vision. Yes, it still has the bones of a motor court hotel, but it has been beautifully decorated, with all sorts of nice touches. There is original art all over the place, so even the view from the room is interesting, and not the drab of a motor lodge. The bathroom has a lovely tiled shower, and the refrigerator / microwave / coffeemaker combo meant that I really could bring back leftovers from a restaurant to eat the next day. The air conditioner had no problem keeping up with the heat wave that was going on. The hotel was quiet, the bed was comfortable, and before I forget... breakfast is included, and it was good, having adequate proteins as well as this really yummy local cinnamon bread. The only drawback I could find is that, even though it's a former motor lodge, parking was not free. As I recall, it was only $5 per day, considerably cheaper than other hotels, but not included with the room. It was a lovely stay. I highly recommend the Hotel Ruby!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Anny G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ruby, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear KathyPW11,

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your reviews of our room amenities, breakfast offerings and local artwork around the hotel. A large amount of time and hard work has been put into revitalizing the property, and we welcome your positive comments about our efforts. We hope you will visit us again during your next visit to Spokane.