“The simple things”
Review of Hotel Ruby

Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 20 November 2017

What's with the all the bad reviews on this place? My wife and I came to Spokane to see a concert at the Knitting factory. It is for that reason I chose this hotel; The concert venue and the Ruby are quite literally across the street from one another. It is indeed a simple place to lounge and slumber, but really what more does one need? To reserve a room at this establishment the attraction undoubtedly lies in the location. It is central to the entertainment district of the city, it is nestled deep in the heart of spokane and I must say it is not an ugly heart, but a heart abound with life and food and shops to name a few. To stay here at the Ruby you must know why you are staying here. Is it because it is cheap? that's viable but there are other cheap places to stay. Is it because you simply stumbled upon it thinking nothing else of it, expecting things that are not to be expected when trying to find solitude or enchantment, or extravagance, or luxury and so on? Hotel Ruby is just what it needs to be and where it needs to be. It's simple and that is sometimes just what we need.
Looking for a place to stay because you wish to walk or stumble your way to bed after a concert or performance of sorts? Then this is your place. The staff is friendly, and the rooms are clean. You will have no trouble finding nourishment, the eateries are bountiful in the area. Shopping is less than a stone's throw and not at any time did we feel unsafe or unwelcome, when strolling the streets late at night.
Heed this Review trip advisors and advisees, it's the simple things that we need to appreciate, and I appreciate Hotel Ruby. You should too!

Room Tip: Being the type of Hotel/motel this is, I chose a room on the top floor as to the possibility of foot...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Anny G, Manager at Hotel Ruby, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Wow, spot on! That's exactly what we are trying to be - simple, clean and friendly! Thank you for summing it all up so well. We are really grateful for this kind review and hope to see you again soon! Warm regards, the Hotel Ruby Staff

Reviewed 19 November 2017

My family had the suite here and we enjoyed our stay. Close to many bars, restaurants and the shopping mall. They even have bikes you can rent! Parking is tight, so be prepared to park at Ruby 2 which is about a 2 block walk from this hotel. We would come back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Anny G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ruby, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Ryanfabro,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Ruby. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2017

One of the few good things about this hotel is the bar. I was feeling under the weather and was able to get a hot toddy to help me feel better before bed. The elevator is a death trap I utilized since I was feeling too ill for stairs.

My room was decorated with a veneer of filth that extended from the walls to the dirty baseboards. The toilet resembled a fixture from an elementary school bathroom and the 1990s clock radio and cheap bedside lamps need USB ports. The first night I was in bed, I thought the pillows smelled dirty. I dismissed the stink pillows since I knew I didn't feel well. I slept with my socks on because I didn't want my bare feet touching the floor.

Night two, I did not return early enough to get a parking spot and had to park across the street. Parking at Hotel Ruby's "overflow parking" at their other location was not an option; I was NOT walking back two blocks alone after dark. Around midnight, my neighbors were so loud I complained to the front desk, but since my room was located near the building's front the street and bar noises were unavoidable. I confirmed the pillows stank like greasy hair. Ironically, "Hotel California" blared from an outdoor speaker somewhere nearby.

The only redeeming experience of night three at Hotel Ruby was realizing it was the final night of my stay. The Friday night street noise was unbearable. For some reason the front desk allowed two drunk women, Amber and Tiffany, to argue in on the sidewalk in front of the bar until well after 1 am. Amber was upset because Tiffany wasn't as attentive to their friendship as she should be-- I know this because I heard the whole thing as clearly as if the duo were in my room. Amber and Tiffany's relationship was as malodorous as the pillows on the bed.

If another trip to Spokane is in my future, I will not stay at Hotel Ruby. However, I am confident wherever I do stay, I will still smell Hotel Ruby's pillows from miles away.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Holly B

We are sorry to hear that you were feeling under the weather during your stay. We are glad the Sapphire Lounge helped you before bed with a comforting hot toddy. The bathrooms in our rooms are recently remodeled and we continue to remodel our rooms. Cleanliness is our highest priority, and we are very proud of our housekeeping team. Our custom beds and clean linens help our guests feel comfortable during their stay. We wish you the best Holly B.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I gave two stars because the room is clean and the location is good. I would have never picked a room here had I known the doors were on the outside of the building. There's no safe in the room. The walls are so thin that I got woken up every night by the person snoring so loud in the next room over. I would not stay here again. I'm shocked that they dressed up and old motel and put the name hotel on it.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

We love our location and are very proud of our cleanliness. Providing personal service and fulfilling the needs of our guests is our top priority. Hotel Ruby offers a mini fridge and microwave in each room; complimentary WiFi is also provided. We offer the best parking price in the downtown area, and a complimentary continental breakfast in the morning for our guests. To end your night, the Sapphire Lounge is another great amenity we have that offers light dinner fare and great drinks.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Stayed for one night. Excellent downtown location. Cool retro motor-court vibe. Nice artwork throughout. Clean, comfortable rooms with unique décor and a great TV. Easy walking to restaurants. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Iyamapirate,

Thank you for taking the time to write a few kinds about your stay! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything. We look forward to hosting you again!

Warmest Regards,