“Good south Indian food...”

Aahaar an Indian Eatery
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Snoqualmie
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 22 July 2018

This is a small restaurant - to seat just about 40 - in this small tourist town. People visiting the Snoqualmie falls often come to this restaurant. I hear people from Seattle, who are not visiting the falls, also come here just for the Indian food. Well, once you place the order, you are served with complimentary soup - rasam. It was very good. You have both veg and non-veg options mainly from the four southern States of India. We had idiaappam, vazhaipoo (banana flower) vadai, fried masala idli and buttermilk. On the menu you find items like bisibelebath, aviyal, chakka pradhaman, etc. The staff were also friendly and caring.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We went to this place several times. Once upon a time, it was good. Over the years the food has become more watery and salty. The service has gone down to the extent that while sitting and having the soup, they “Requested” us to move to another table to make place for others. That was very rude and insulting. Never going again!!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We have visited this restaurant many times and last few times I liked the food and then felt annoyed when it came to paying the bill.

The wait staff comes and stands next to you while you are eating food and asks you to pay the bill. What is the rush??
First time, I thought they were busy so they wanted to turn tables faster but during my recent visits same thing repeated again.

This time, I was eating my food and they had not yet served us our badam halwa and one of their managers showed up with his tablet and asked me to pay. I told him that we are still eating and waiting for food but he told me it was fine to pay while i was waiting for more food. This is not the first time it has happened.

There are other decent options for south Indian food in Seattle and east side. It is no longer a go to place for me just because of my last 2 experiences.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank VC003
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Went there for early dinner on a Sunday, and we didn't have to wait at all. The food was great, and so were the staff and atmosphere.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

A true Indian eatery! The restaurant was filled with wonderful Indian families. We were the only non Indian people there. Everyone was so friendly and helped us order. We had a great meal and a fun night. It was a dining experience.

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to Aahaar an Indian Eatery? Share your experiences!