“Outstanding catering”
Review of J and L BBQ

J and L BBQ
Ranked #20 of 101 Restaurants in Snohomish
Reviewed 23 August 2017

J & L agreed to cater our class reunion. When we contacted Joel (the owner) he invited us down to sample the menu so that we knew what to choose.

We had about 115-120 attend the reunion which was about 30 miles from their restaurant and they didn't charge a cent for the travel. They charged about $15/person (prices are on their website) plus tax. Gratuity is optional. Everything is provided. All you have to do is sit down and eat.

We chose three meats and three sides. Brisket, ribs, and pulled pork were served along with potato salad, coleslaw, and baked beans. They also provided buns to make sliders from the brisket or pulled pork and cornbread with cinnamon-honey butter. We chose to provide our own drinks and dessert.

The meat was moist and tender. There was a slight smokey flavor and smell to the meat. Several attendees said that the brisket was the best they ever tasted. There was a mild and spicy sauce to add to the flavor of the meat. The sides were very good, but most people that were going back for seconds were after the meat.

When we finished, the gal from J & L cleaned up everything and removed the garbage. There was so much left after we finished eating that I wonder if we ate half of what was provided. Everything was wrapped in aluminum foil and left for us to snack on later or take home. Their employee said that they were catering four different events that day.

In summary, we couldn't be happier with the performance of J & L Bbq. The food and service were excellent and the cost very reasonable for an event like this. It was obvious from those attending that they will be our first choice for catering at our next reunion.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I love BBQ. It is even better when the owner/chef is on hand to give you all the information about your meal to come!! The food was comfort food to the max. The meat was tender, the sides were full of flavor: Baked beans and mac and cheese. Dine in, take out & catering.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

J&L recently opened up a location in Everett on Colby Ave. I love BBQ, so I stopped in for brisket last Saturday. Brisket is tremendous! I'd like a better bread to go with it, but I'm really interested in the meat. On another note, I'm pretty sure the sandwich was big enough for two (I did not eat dinner that night). I also tried the beans as my side. I really enjoyed the flavor and the different kinds of beans in the side. In my opinion, this is much better than Dickies or The Depot restaurants for BBQ.

2  Thank ken l
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Tiny place on a corner location with minimal parking and inside seating, this is nevertheless a tasty stop for a BBQ fix. If one can find a parking place, eating inside is fine, but they seem to do a booming carry-out. Sandwiches and sides, some desserts, and you can be all set.

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Great food ! Call to make sure they are open. They take cards and cash and they are friendly and fast!

Been to J and L BBQ? Share your experiences!