“Great food and great service!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Puerto Bonito Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 94 Restaurants in Shoreline
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 October 2017

First of all, I generally judge a place by its staff, so this place got a good rating before I had even tasted the food. The staff were all friendly and courteous and were able to answer all our questions regarding the menu. We had delicious chips and salsa while waiting for our entree, which was also delicious! I have heard people say Seattle doesn't have good Mexican food, but this was pretty good to me. I had flan for dessert, which I had never tried before, and it was delightful. I would recommend this place for its nice atmosphere, excellent staff, and satisfying food. I felt the dinner was slightly higher than other Mexican restaurants I've been to, but it is Seattle, and everything is a little more expensive than in other parts of the US.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

I happened upon Puerto Bonito Mexican Restaurant with a friend and was pleasantly surprised. This is a wonderfully clean, nice restaurant with great service and excellent food. The Carne Asada was really good. I can't speak for the other menu items.

Parking is plentiful. The restaurant is situated in a strip mall so there is a lot to do in the area – grocery store, Starbucks, cleaners and a whole lot more.

I will definitely return.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

I have been unable to find good Mexican food in the Shoreline, Edmonds area. This one is no exception.

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

It pains me to write this. Not because I don't like to write bad reviews, which is true, but because I'm in pain from what I ate last night.

After a long day my wife and I didn't want to cook and she suggested Mexican, so after several disappointing meals a while back, I decided to give this place another try. They are practically next door. Mistake. I wanted some shrimp to put in a corn tortilla with cilantro, onion, salsa, and my wife wanted a couple tacos. $35 later I picked up a bag with two large aluminum trays full of rice, beans, and tacos and "Arroz con Camerones". The latter had bacon wrapped shrimp that had to be from 1999 or so, warmed up in a microwave. They were vile. And my wife was none too pleased with her "Tacos al Pastor". (They tasted like they were from a pasture all right.)

I peeled the bacon off the shrimp, put a couple with onions and cilantro in the corn tortilla and they were still terrible. The rice was dry, the beans were obviously out of a can. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place. Chef Gordon Ramsay himself could not save this place. I need to get some more tums.

If you are the owner of this place, sorry but you need to clean the kitchen and have some more pride. Your food is awful. Try something fresh.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

It is a family Mexican Resterant very friendly and the food is excellent. We had seafood for 2 and still had enough for our lunch the next day.