“Just Ok”

Add it.
Shelton Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Not many lodging choices in Shelton. The Shelton Inn is under renovation, but there wasn't even a clock radio in the room, so didn't know the time unless I retrieved my cell phone (which I was studiously hoping to ignore for the weekend.) No coffee maker, very small bath towels (I'm a small woman and it did not wrap around me!), but it was very clean. The attached restaurant, Blondie's, was ok for dinner. Not great, just ok. If in Shelton, I would stay there again because the other alternatives did not look as good as the Shelton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dragnlady

Reviewed 21 May 2009

I decided on this motel due to the new review on this site and gave them a chance. I found out that this property is under new ownership and have taken the time to renovate! I must say that are doing a great job. The lobby is beautiful and the owners are very pleasant and accomodating to any changes that me be required to make sure that the guest is satisfied. My room was clean and the furniture actually give you room to play cards with 2 nice big chairs and my bed was very comfortable. When I return to the area , I will again stay with this property. Good job on making the property one that the community can be proud to have! And to those that may travel. Thank you again. General Manager of Days Inn , Port Angeles, Washington.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We made a trip to Shelton to hear a friend's band at the Elk's and pulled into the Shelton Inn. The entire lobby was remodeled and expanded to include a continental breakfast area.
The room was clean with new carpet and no smoke smell at all as in some older motels.
We spoke to the new owners, 4 months only and they are excited about the remodel and upgrading. Pool is gone to make for more parking and the next door Resturant is open late and open at 5:30.
We will definelty be back to the Shelton Inn. ((O yes, the continental breakfast was great and very effecient for us who like to travel light))

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2008

Rooms were NOT cleaned, sheets were old and dirty, smelled smoke, would not use the shower! Pool was already closed, when we arrived. Only good thing was the price, and of course ''Blondie's Restaurant'' which is next to the motel.
Don't stay in this motel if you don't have to!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 3 October 2008

It was supposed to be a non smoking room, but stunk like an ashtray. The room was filthy, the bathroom was filthy, there were ashes and cigarette butts laying on the bottom of the nightstand (which were snubbed out on the nightstand) between the beds, and an empty pack of cigarettes in the dresser. The bathroom and shower were moldy and smelled awful.

No hot water as an added bonus!

When I complained to the individual at the front desk, I was informed that "someone used it all".

We will never stay here again, and strongly advise anyone thinking of staying here to keep driving.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)