All reviews clam cottage tree house fire pit sequim bay captain's quarters osprey nest wicker chairs paddle boarding nearby trails full kitchen olympic game farm other guests sequim area dungeness spit the cottages tracie cabin
Reviewed 27 September 2017

My wife and I discovered this Gem of a resort a couple of years ago and have been back twice. We have stayed in the Landing and the Osprey's nest. Both cabins were clean, well kept and well stocked with essential items with which to cook, shower and sleep.

As with any cabin trip, we pack our own creature comforts -- a lounging blanket, Bluetooth speaker to stream music and podcasts, a couple of great bottles of wine, good cheese, chocolate and pre-prepped food for cooking.

There is a sweet little grocery store nearby where you can buy fresh meat, veggies, deli items and baked treats.

Lavon and Tracy are lovely and very accommodating to reasonable reservation requests.

For us, this is a great place to decompress from our busy lives. There are a lot good nearby trails, however we usually just lounge around on the cabin deck and read. We will be back soon!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2017

BEWARE: Tavon and Tracy are the owners of the eight cabins at the Sunset Marine Resort and live in the basement of the Eagles Nest Cabin. As a paying guest, I expected to have peace and quiet as they have advertised. On the last night I was there the owners chose to have a party at the Boathouse Cabin. As I watched everyone arrive, I noticed their friends brought their dogs as well. Before it got dark I counted TEN DOGS and NONE were on a leash. One dog was constantly barking and another was a howler. Also, two dogs got into a fight and no one paid any attention or did anything to correct the situation. I wanted to sit on the dock, relax and watch the sunset but I felt I could not because I wasn’t willing to see what the TEN DOGS off leash would do should I step out of my cabin. I expected to have a peaceful, relaxing stay at Sunset Marine Resort but instead I listened to a loud party until very late in the evening.
They are willing to put their fun and friends first before their PAYING guests. Do not pay to stay here for peace and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank ibainton1921
SunsetMarineResort, Owner at Sunset Marine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Every year at Sunset Marine Resort - toward the end of the summer - we host a gathering of guests, community and friends. We share food, share beauty, and share friendship. This place was built on that idea - 50 years ago - and continues today. It's sad to see a person who - rather than choose to participate among some of the most amazing guests, inspiring local farmers, professionals, artists, and kind individuals in a gathering meant to promote community and sharing - would instead remain anonymous and seek to purposely and publicly hurt people. It's really sad - but we are grateful for all our Resort guests who did join us (with their pups) and for those of you who might be here sometime in late summer - we'll have the crab boiling - and you are invited!
Cheers~
Lavon & Tracie

Reviewed 26 August 2017

I had three relaxing weeks here in August. It was heavenly. Unbelievable views of the Sequim Bay sunsets. Pet friendly. Rustic, inviting, well equipped rentals. The owners, Lavon and Tracie, are the best.

Room Tip: Love the Boat House, Clam Cottage, The Tree House and Eagle's Nest. Have stayed at all but the Boat House.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Deborah K. F
Reviewed 25 June 2017

We couldn't have wished for more from Sunset Marine Resort for our mini-break. The Boathouse is fully stocked with everything to make our stay perfect. From kitchen gear for shucking oysters and cracking Dungeness crab, to toasting forks for marshmallows. The furnishings are comfy and perfectly suited to a home on the water. From our porch swing we watched golden sunsets over the bay with snow-capped mountains in the background. Sitting at the dining table gazing at Sequin Bay and looking out the bedroom window as seals and otters swam by felt like being on a ship. We definitely recommend the resort and The Boathouse and will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
SunsetMarineResort, Owner at Sunset Marine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

So great to have a chance to talk to you both - and glad you enjoyed the Boat House! :) I couldn't remember if we told you that it was once a house boat before it forever became a part or Resort history. We'll be making a few changes eventually - but always with the idea in mind to retain that character. Thanks for staying with us!!
Cheers~
Tracie & Lavon

Reviewed 6 June 2017

A cozy, sweet stay in the Treehouse in late Spring. Lovely views of the Bay.

Pros: Self check-in, strong and simple wi-fi, tons of privacy, indoor or outdoor eating, full kitchen and peaceful space. The setting, price, and novelty of a cabin earns this four stars despite some complaints. I would go back for sure, just think there were some issues.

Things I might change: I am no minimalist but prefer not a lot of stuff, so the sock monkeys and other objects were detracting. I think less would be more beautiful here.

Detractors: I am very sensitive to smell and a lot of items in bedding smelled like Lysol spray. The bathroom says the hot water heater has 30 gallons and I believe it but the reheat rate is slow. Worse, the bathtub was broken and one of my favorite vacation activities is a bath but there was no way to get the drain engaged. The skylights and windows are beautiful but could use a good cleaning for best effect.

While there is a lot to do, I felt that there was some move toward nickle and diming. For instance if you bring a DAY guest, they want more money. They sell firewood, early or late checkouts, etc. It is fair and fine but it also did not feel welcoming. I miss they days when you call and say you accidentally overslept and can you have an extra hour! Note: We did not see the proprietors or express our concerns or give them a chance to resolve them but we were there for such a brief time that the idea of someone inside fixing the bath was unappealing.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple