“Perfect, private, relaxing retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
Summer Panorama Looking at Barn SW Corner of Guesthouse
Goat Helper1
Summer Garden Bounty
Little Martha Down the Trail
Graham with Guests
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

cruzanrum...
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Perfect, private, relaxing retreat”
Reviewed 6 October 2018 for a stay in September 2018

You can do as much or as little as you wish here at Jim & Rori’s beautiful ranch. Trust me when I say this beautiful home and the hosts will exceed your expectations. Some days we would take walks around the ranch with Graham ‘the dog”, pet the goats and visit with Rori in the barn, then walk the orchard. The pears, plums and apples taste as good as they look! Jim has a beautiful wood shop and creates beautiful master pieces. We enjoyed talking with him about his beautiful projects among other things. In the evenings it was nice to watch the gorgeous sunsets. The view from the guest house indoors or outdoors on the patio are incredible! We cooked all our own meals. You will find everything you need, they truly have thought of everything to make your stay perfect. The charcoal bbq is a plus, nothing like a good steak cooked on charcoals. There are plenty of grocery stores in the surrounding towns, you may pick up whatever you will need to prepare your meals prior to arriving. Chewelah, Colville and Kettle Falls all have grocery stores. You may want to bring a soft-sided cooler for the cold/frozen items during Summer months. We bought our steaks from Gallo Meats in Colville. They were very good! We even visited the Farmers Market to pick up some fresh veggies. Rori gave us some squash out of the garden also. Jim & Rori are exceptional hosts. This was our 3rd stay with Jim & Rori. We are hooked and plan to visit again next year.

Date of stay: September 2018
BR938
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Perfect guesthouse, wonderful hosts, and a beautiful setting for R&R”
Reviewed 17 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

My daughter and I were recent guests at Jim & Rori’s ranch and it was absolutely lovely. The guesthouse and grounds were superb and provided the perfect setting for rest and relaxation. The guesthouse is extremely comfortable with lots of beautifully hand-crafted wood furniture, ceramic tiled floors, an eclectic array of interesting wall hangings and prints, a full modern kitchen and bathroom, washer and dryer, firm beds with homemade quilts, plenty of outdoor patio seating and breathtaking views. While there we leisurely walked the grounds, hiked the parameter of the ranch, enjoyed identifying and learning about a plethora of plants and trees, mingled with goats and sheep, tasted our first-ever fresh goat’s milk which was surprisingly good, shared great conversation with our hosts, and fell in love with Graham the amazing guide dog. Our stay was brief but experience great and we highly recommend this accommodation to anyone in search of some genuine R&R.

Date of stay: June 2018
Management Response
19 Jun 2018
Geez, I'm blushing! Thank you for the kind words. We're humbled by your generous review of our place and tickled that you relished your stay. Come see us again. :)
roberttE2...
Seattle, WA
“Clean, comfortable, spacious rental in big sky country with great walking trails and wildlife.”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Staying with Jim and Rori has been a repeat engagement - these two retreats to Rice have been among the best I have had in recent years. First, this ranch is amazing. This 300 acre ranch affords wonderful walks on numerous trails, wildlife viewing, and a chance to meet goats, cattle, and friendly dogs. The lay of this land is spectacular and you can walk most everywhere on the property without seeing another house besides the Draper’s. I don’t recall ever seeing an airplane in the sky, though I heard two for a short while. In short, this ranch is so completely different from living in the city that, staying here for a while, I came to believe that a giant re-set switch had been pushed and that I was living in a world quite apart from my city experience. Second, the guest house is very comfortable, clean, and comparatively new, with nine-foot ceilings and lots of windows – all with good views. The kitchen is pleasant, and is provided with plenty of good quality utensils, a full size fridge, and a good range. The bathroom (with shared laundry, though Jim and Rori never used it while I was there) is roomy, clean, and modern. The bedroom is large, with a both a single and a queen bed. The queen bed is very firm and I slept extremely well on it. I was surprised that the space is also furnished with extremely fine quality furniture, designed and built by Jim, an expert woodworker. There is also a very large porch just outside the entrance with a large dining table and sitting areas. Third, the visitor may be invited to try fruits from the orchard (there are several heirloom trees), garden vegetables, and goat’s milk. Now before you say “I hate the taste of goat’s milk!”, please try Rori’s goat’s milk.. Not only not strange-tasting, but good! Also, if tomatoes are in season, you may agree with me that there are no better tomatoes than those that grow in their garden. Fourth, Jim and Rori go out of their way to make their visitors comfortable. Since the ranch is far away from any store or restaurant, they supply the guest house with some food. (However, be sure to bring your own food! Rice has no stores and the nearest is about 15-20 miles away.) Whenever they went into town, they would ask me if they could get me anything. Fifth, Rori supplied me with her Australian Kelpie (dog) for my walks. Graham was a great companion on these walks and made me feel that I could never get lost! Out on the trails, he came to me quickly on voice command. He also led me to a giant elk last year. In sum, this is a place very much apart from much of the modern world but with many comforts and great opportunities for sightseeing.

Date of stay: September 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.