“It was amazing”

Jimi Hendrix Grave Site
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Renton
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I went to Jimi's grave in 2001 when I was in Seattle for a work trip. I was dressed in a suit and tie and there was another party of 3 there. They thought I worked there and were apologetic. I said I has travelled further than them to sit quietly in tribute. They were from Wisconsin, me from Australia. I took their picture for them together, paid my tribute and left. WOW!!! If you loved Jimi Hendrix and are close by, visit, think and pay homage.
Phil, Sydney, Australia.

in 7 reviews
"across the street"
"easy access"

Reviewed 25 July 2009

How can you even think of visiting Seattle without taking a trip to visit Jimi Hendrix's grave?

We visited the graveyard in June 2009. Others have noted the address in their reviews, I'll just add that its probably best to have a GPS in your rental car to help you find the cemetery. There are no facilities here - no restrooms, cafes, etc. - its just a cemetery. That being said, if one is interested in music, especially rock music, and the contributions that Seattle-ites have made to it, then it is well worth your time.

Take the time while you are visiting to learn a bit about Jimi (unable to read music, served in the Army, gained fame in England then in USA, his controversial rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner" at Woodstock). Reflect how many other musicians were awed by him: Clapton, McCartney, Stones, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and more. His style still influences music and musicians today.

Hendrix was among the USA's greatest musicians - Seattle must be very proud to have had this great musical legend included as one of their citizens. IMO, more people should pay Jimi Hendrix homage - he absolutely deserves every bit of praise that comes his way. We played all the Hendrix music we could find on our ipod's to get us in the mood - on the way there, and later during our trip. We'll be back!

4  Thank j0yrenee
Reviewed 18 April 2009

This is a monument worthy of his greatness. Totally impressed.

1  Thank Johngil
Reviewed 16 January 2009

The memorial is very easy to find. As you enter the cemetary, head to the right. It's very beautifully done, with Hendrix's handwritten lyrics inscribed in the stone. There are other Hendrix family members buried here as well. Had it not been so cold, I could've stayed for quite awhile.

1  Thank vettad
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 September 2008

My husband just recently surprised me by taking me to Jimi's grave site. He was told of the old place Jimi was buried in the same cemetary, but the groundskeeper showed us the new place which was not at all hard to miss. The memorial site is beautiful. There are even headstones for his family who has not passed away yet. For any Hendrix fan, this is definately a place to see and visit for a few. It is an awesome place to go and pay your respects to the greatest guitar player ever!!!!!

1  Thank hendrixfan4life

Been to Jimi Hendrix Grave Site? Share your experiences!