“Carribean in WA State”

Ranked #7 of 274 Restaurants in Redmond
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are Redmond's own Puerto Rican restaurant! We want to have our guests feeling like they are dining somewhere outside in Old San Juan having some food and enjoying the scenery. Cobblestone streets, lots of iron work, ornate doors and textured walls. but more importantly wonderful food and service with the warmth of Puerto Rico. Hours: Sunday: 11am - 11pm Monday - Thursday: 11am - 11pm Friday: 11am - Midnight Saturday: 11am - Midnight
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter is big on plantains and wanted to go here just for those.
I was a bit skeptical, because it is away from Seattle and located inside of a small strip mall.
But I was surprised at the number of dishes they offered.
The dishes were reminiscent of my times in the Caribbean.
I really enjoyed my dish and daughter's food too.
If you are in Redmond and looking for an alternative to seafood or Asian cuisines, here is the place to go.

Alfonso G, Owner at La Isla Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you Terry S for taking the time to review our restaurant. Glad you and your daughter enjoyed your visit.

Hope we get to see you again real soon

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

My husband, son and I ate here for the first time and really enjoyed the food. We took advantage of happy hour and ordered empanadillas, tostones and maduros. I had the pernil devino and my H had the pastelon with beef. Everything was outstanding. They have a unique children's menu, which was nice that it deviated from the normal mac and cheese or chicken strips. My 4 year old enjoyed his fish and chips with sweet potato fries. We live 2 hours away but will make this a destination when we're in the area.

Thank you milkergirl1 for taking the time to review our spot. Glad to have been of service and that your experience was to your satisfaction. We hope to serve you again real soon

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Spent evening here with one other couple. My friend and my husband love this place, for me it was just ok. The service was great, the drinks delicious - I had their house Mojito, my food however was just ok. The food was a little oily for me, a lot of deep fried appetizers - my friend loved, and the side of salad on my entree plate was a little tired looking so I didn't even eat it. Wish I could give more stars as I loved the atmosphere here. Improve the freshness of the salads and less oily fried food and it would be better!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

The place has an amazing selection of rum and a knowledgable staff that can actually help you decide which rum, or which rum flight you want to go with. Food is just a regular bar food I guess, but their working hours are great! AT least the one in Redmond is up until 2am.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I am new to La Isla, but have loved everything I've had there! If it's pork in any form, then eat it! Every employee I've interacted with at La Isla has talked about the food they love off of the menu, given recommendations, and made me feel very welcome! I will keep going back!

Alfonso G, Owner at La Isla Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Hey thanks for the review WaNadine

We really appreciate the feedback. I am so glad you enjoy our place and that our family has taken good care of you during your visits.

As a heads up, you can find us on our new Facebook page for future promotions and happenings. If you search La Isla Cuisine Redmond it will point you in the right direction. We'd love to earn a like and share if possible. :)

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions in the future. You can do that via email at alfonso@laislaseattle.com

Alfonso