“Great smoked meats and ribs!”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #73 of 277 Restaurants in Puyallup
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Mostly great food, the beans there are not tasty. The meats are very good and the portions are ok. Most sides are very good with the exception of those beans, they really need some help.
They can do away with the little free condiment plate of onions, pickles, and chips or just limit it to the chips. Mostly people waste it and money for that could be put into something else to keep the kids quietly entertained while waiting on their food which would have made our experience better as a couple dining out if other peoples children had been entertained and controlled. From now on we will eat in the bar where children aren't allowed and partake of the happy hour offerings that aren't part of the main diningroom. I like the alfresco seating as well in the 70s up to 80, but too hot for the recent 90s we've had.

1  Thank BQBPuyallup

Reviewed 11 August 2015

I was a little skeptical the first time I went to Dave's, but that feeling soon disappeared. The parking lot was full, the waiting room was full, and it seemed like a party atmosphere for the whole family. As with any good restaurant you expect to wait during the meal hours but our wait was not that long. Maybe it was due to the staff and their interaction with the patrons. The ambiance was right on and once we were seated with our menus the anticipation spiked. I wanted everything. I settled for a sampler platter with several meats, cob corn, baked beans, and corn bread and a selection of six sauces from mild to smokin'. Sweet Iced Tea just kept coming.
I have since revised my favorite to the Brisket platter with all the trimmings and I feel like I'm on vacation every time I go.

Reviewed 10 May 2015 via mobile

We waited for 45 minutes & never received our food. That was at 2:15pm. We went into the bar to eat today. I realize it's Mother's Day, but really? Jose the Manager ignored us, even after the bartender told him we were still waiting on our order, two sandwiches. I paid for my tea. He didn't even offer to comp it. We went to Panera. Very disappointed in Famous Dave's. Need a new manager.

Reviewed 2 March 2015 via mobile

I went for date night with my wife. The food was incredible. Huge portions but cooked just right. Our waitress was excellent. Cost was very reasonable.

Reviewed 8 December 2014

The BBQ is ok but it is not the best that I have had. The BBQ should be grilled into the meat instead of the sauce being put on top of the meat. The service was nice.

Been to Famous Dave's? Share your experiences!