“Not what it use to be....”
Review of Campana's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Campana's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

I have been going to this restaurant since I was a child. Always was a treat! We dined there several months ago and had less than a pleasant experience, but tried it again last night as we've been long-time and loyal customers. Unfortunately the food was definitely lacking (bland and the calzone was burnt). We mentioned the overcooked calzone, but was told "that's just how they're made"! Sorry to see this happen to them....

Reviewed 8 February 2016

I loved the Service and the easy comfortability of this restaurant. It's perfect for families or friends.
The food is 'average'
meaning not bad, but not spectacular either. However, the portions are generous, so there's plenty to share and/or take home.
The prices are 'reasonable', again not GREAT! but certainly affordable.
The atmosphere is sort of rustic 'bar' funky, which is fine for what it is, which is a great family friendly gathering place for everyone.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

I wish I could give Campana's a better rating because every time I return home I end up going there with family. Every time I go there the food is variable in quality but the service is poor. Had to wait until our food came out for the drinks to arrive during this last stop in. Have had them run out of pizza dough on busy nights. The pizza was delicious this time and that really saved the day. If I end up going on a weeknight other than Friday, things tend to be a lot better. Hire more wait staff around the holidays people!

Reviewed 31 December 2015

Service was great, but the food was not served at the correct temperature.....The lasagna was fine and the pasta dishes everyone else had were not very good. One dish was dried out. We sent it back and the server was extremely pleasant about it. Second round on the pasta dish was not much better.....will try the pizza next time.

Reviewed 28 December 2015

My husband, son & I were there 12/23/15 a little after 8pm. Restaurant, at that time, was not crowded & we experienced super service & food. My ravioli was great & I would love the recipe for the meat sauce. I just wish they would offer ravioli with fillings other than just cheese (not my favorite). My husband's soup & antipasto were very generous servings. My son had a chicken dish (don't remember which one) but he liked it & he is a very picky eater in his 40's. Waitress went above & beyond to make me comfortable. It was a cold rainy night & I was freezing - cup of hot water for my hands & hot towel for my ankles. Down side, restrooms need refreshing & better hot water in there. Decor is that of an old genuine Italian restaurant, not something made up like Olive Garden. Bread sticks alone are worth the trip!!!!