“Neat location...downstairs”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Philly was great. Pizza was great. Love the atmosphere. Service was perfect. Better than average beer selection.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

hot and tasty - tucked away downstairs. Service is usually pretty good, but there was a wedding party in the last time we tried - luckily the waiter saw us come in and gave us the nod that there could be a long wait - guess he knows that we aren't good at waiting! So we went back the next night - all good - nice selection of beer and wine and yummy pizza!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

We have now eaten pizza pies in every pizza joint in Port Townsend, and I rate The Tin Brick's pizza #2. Definitely better than the popular but sloppy Waterfront Pizza across Water Street. I liked the thin crust, the excellent sauce, the taste of the wood fire. But it somehow lacked the depth of flavor that would make it number one in town. [see bottom of page]

On the other hand, the clams cooked and served in the cataplana were excellent, and the white wine and spice broth was definitely slurp worthy. Top mark!

Ambience is plain and a little sport barzy, but certainly not dead dull and cold like chain places, or Ferrinos in Port Hadlock for that matter. There were TV screens, tho we managed a booth out of range. The booth was comfortable, and I noticed that all the chairs seemed to have cushioned seats - why more place can't provide this is a shame. Outstanding service from our server, Javier. Adequate selection of beer on tap. Dinner hours only. No web site.

There is no access for those who cannot climb stairs as Tin Brick is in a basement. Same entrance problem at Lanza's, and Sirens two-flight climb would be impossible. Looks like that leaves only Waterfront Pizza and Subway as easily accessible.

* IMHO, the best pizza in PT is at the Hill Bottom Pie around the corner - which BTW has a steps-up entrance, so no easy access for some disabled diners there either.

1  Thank William H
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Delicious pizza! Each pizza serves more than we thought. Got 3 pizzas: caprese, classic, and pepperoni. Delicious, very thin crust. Service was great - we got there at about 8:30 (they close at 9) and they were happy to stay late while we finished our pizzas & beers.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

By far THE BEST Philly in the PNW for sure! I had it a couple months ago and I was hoping it was not a fluke. We went back again and it was spot on! The ratio of meat to cheese to the fantastic roll is perfect! It was so good I took one home to go and heated it up for lunch the next day. The Buffalo Chicken Pizza is also amazing! This is the second time my wife has ordered it and it is super tasty, even better with a side of Blue Cheese!! I wish there was a shorter way from Kent so I could enjoy this place more often! DO NOT pass this place up, it's amazing! I would like to add they need more than 1 server on at a time, the wait was longer than I would have expected. On that note, the kitchen did ask the server to come over and offer us a salad on the house to munch on while we waited. It was not necessary, but an excellent show of great customer service!!! See you soon!