“Wonderful atmosphere, fantastic food”
Review of Lanza's Ristorante

Lanza's Ristorante
Ranked #17 of 100 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I've actually dined at Lanza's a number of times as I live in the local area, but had yet to write a review. It's been very good, with the exception of maybe 1 out of 5 visits. Last night, it was absolutely outstanding, reminding me that I will have to go more often. I always enjoy the atmosphere, but I had what was probably the best meal of all my visits - a mahi mahi special over mashed potatoes and spinach. So delicious! Top notch service too, when our server was busy there was always someone else to assist. If you like espresso, they have some of the best!

1  Thank KCsEndlessAdventures

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We were within walking distance of Lanza's so easy to get to. The waitress was informative on attentive and the food was delicious. The evening was a pleasant experience!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Took my friend for her birthday, ordered the stuffed soul, big mistake. The entire dish was sitting in water. Worst experience I've had in PT. Sad birthday celebration and the older waitress was really unfriendly. I want my $72 back.

allyouneedislove123, Owner at Lanza's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

The waitress and I both noticed that you were not satisfied with your meal and we did offer to replace it with something else to please you. You refused any offer we made to correct your dissatisfaction. I am truly sorry for your experience at our restaurant. However, I do find your attack on our server very inappropriate and unkind. She was trying so hard to make things right and you refused to let her. Yes, I will refund the money for your entrée, but in protection of my staff, your patronage is not welcome again.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

As we had just arrived in town, we hadn't had an opportunity to make a dinner reservation. But it was still early, so we decided to try Lanza's.

We were met by an utterly charming hostess who found us a lovely table ...perhaps the best seat in the house.

Within minutes we were captivated by the spirit and essence of Lanza's. The service was excellent, the food (all three courses) was fresh, flavourful and by far some of the best Italian food we've ever had.

At the end of the evening, we walked out the door knowing that this was one restaurant experience we would never forget.

Reservations are highly recommended.

1  Thank ebachynski
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We had read about Lanza's but had never eaten here before. Glad that we finally made it! The restaurant is totally charming, with excellent Italian food and courteous service. The only negative was that we had to wait 20 minutes for a table to open up even though we had a reservation. However, it was easy to see why that happened - everyone in the place was thoroughly enjoying themselves and some lingering over coffee is to be expected. We will definitely return!

1  Thank jtfman