“My birthday dinner”

Belmont Restaurant & Saloon
Ranked #26 of 105 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Have been here many times. We were disappointed to see on the internet many offers of steaks......but when we got there they said it hadnt been updated and they only had a 6oz steak for $35.......yikes! so the waiter talked us into eating pork chops. I must say.....they were really good and big and tender. so we were happy with this. Great service. Good food. We wanted to sit down lower for privacy but they wanted us to go up the stairs with other people. I didnt like this. They have good food; but will ask them before we order or sitting options first.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 25 February 2018

"The Belmont" is an often overlooked restaurant, bar & hotel right in the center of town on the waterfront. It is a real slice of old time Port Townsend & the restaurant is right on the water. In good weather you can sit out on the deck with the water almost lapping at your feet. The food is very good, prices are very reasonable, the wine was excellent. Rooms are nice & very reasonable also. I do not remember his name, but we have never been there when we were not greeted personally by the owner & always made to feel like an old friend returning. He is a remarkable gentleman. If you have not tried The Belmont then you need to, great food & a wonderful ambience.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 17 February 2018

We had lunch here and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, the presentation and the prices. We are now planning to visit with friends this spring and to also try The Belmont for dinner

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018

My husband and I camped one night in our motorhome and walked downtown where we went to a movie at the Rose Theater, visited a wine bar for a drink and live music, and then had a nice dinner at the Belmont. My husband had read about it and wanted to try it.
It's nicely decorated and had several good menu choices. The waiter was polite and helpful. I had a caesar salad and crab cakes, which were actually appetizers. They were delicious. My husband had a pasta dish which he liked but didn't think it was that special.
It was a Thursday evening in December and the restaurant was very quiet. Another couple was finishing their meal about the time we arrived and we didn't see anyone else the whole time we were there. We hope they get more business because it's really a nice place. We would go again.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 27 December 2017

From the minute we walked into this restaurant we were treated like royalty!
We had a beautiful view of the water at sundown and the service was wonderful. We both had rib eye steaks smothered in a lobster, crab, and sauce mixture with shrimp on the side. This was by far the best rib eye steak i have ever eaten!

Date of visit: December 2017