“HIghway Hungrey”

Shanghai Restaurant Port Townsend
Ranked #41 of 105 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 January 2018

After an interesting day in the chilly Northwest, sometimes a tasty Chinese dinner is a good friend. I chose this restaurant not far from my hotel, The Harborside Inn. I was pleased with the service and food too. Let's don't gush about a master Mandarin chef, but I enjoyed my dinner. Friendly service always gets favoring nod.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 25 September 2017

This place switched owners and is alot better. Good lunch specials and I love the hot towel at the end. Definitely worth it.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank R0add0g
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Shanghai has become one of my all-time favorite lunch options (perhaps 20 visits in past two years), and any time they are open is a good time. My favorite lunch choices are the Kung Pao, Curried Chicken, or Sizzling Salmon. The lunch specials are one of the best bargains around, and they include tea, soup, spring roll, entree, and sliced orange with the fortune cookie for around $7.50. (2017)

Another of the high points is that the fish and crab are all NW wild.

The restaurant has a lovely indoor view of the Puget Sound/Admiralty Inlet near Point Hudson.I agree with another reviewer about the redecoration. It looks much better in the past six months or so. It is a family operation, so if it is busy, the service might be a bit slow, but nothing unusual, and worth the wait for real food at a very fair price. Lunch usually arrives more quickly if I arrive early in the lunch period.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Mike77772015
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Generous portions, well prepared, tasty food. Easy to order, takeout was prompt, and it was all very reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend it!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Like many local residents on the Olympic Peninsula, we know which restaurants offer the best food for the money. Shanghai Chinese Restaurant in the Pt. Hudson marina is one of those secret places we go to get excellent Chinese food. You can either go ala carte for very generous dishes or you can select one of the dinners they offer that are based on the number of guests. We decided that for the four of us we wanted the five-person dinner. We also ordered a side order of their absolutely wonderful fried rice. The restaurant has been around for over 25 yrs and owned by the same family. They immigrated from Vietnam but are of Chinese heritage. Pt. Townsend, in case you didn't know, had quite a large Chinese community at the turn of the 19th-20th century during its heyday and was originally developed to be the capitol of WA but when the railroad collapsed in the 1890s, PT lost its dominance. Do visit Pt. Townsend with its historic Victorian architecture, scores of unique shops with NW crafts and a wide variety of high quality art from paintings to sculpture.

Date of visit: July 2017