“This time quite wonderful”
Review of Doc's Marina Grill

Doc's Marina Grill
Ranked #15 of 105 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New restaurant.
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Had an early dinner as a treat to myself. Ive eaten hear before with mixed results, never awful but sometimes just okay. Had to rate this meal excellent. Clam chowder starter was very good. Not overly creamy. Clams were there. The halibut filet was perfect. Not inexpensive ($34) but worth every penny. Served with rice and green beans. Also tasty and good accompaniment. The carrot cake was quite rich and big enough for 3 people. No desserts sized for a single person, which was annoying. I had good service.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

First of all Doc's is in a great location and we enjoyed sitting outside on the patio. Service was good and our server was super friendly. My husband would tell you to run, not walk, to Doc's to get their Prime Rib and Cheddar sandwich. ( I guess he was tired of seafood by the end of the week) He is a big beef eater, and living in Texas he's had a lot of good beef but he said the Prime Rib sandwich at Doc's was the best he's ever had! So if you love beef you have to give it a try! I had a herbed linguine with salmon and it was delicious as well. We almost took the ferry back over from Whidbey the next day just to eat at Doc's again! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has great views but the food was expensive and disappointing. I ordered the rock fish tacos which were just ok. My mom ordered the fried shrimp and it was mostly batter and cold. She also ordered the clam chowder which was terrible and had very little clams. The service was also very slow and inattentive. Overall we were very disappointed considering the high prices. I would not recommend this place.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Located right at the point of the hudson docks, this location cannot be beat. We had a party of 12 and each one of enjoyed what we got. They have a good selection of food. I got the blackened salmon sandwich. Tons of flavor!

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

The clam chowder was the best ever only to be topped by the she clam soup. Loved the pop of the teeny tiny caviar. Would have liked a little more fresh crab flavor - it was kind of muted in the soup and the risotto. The risotto was perfectly cooked and the dish flavorful over all. My husband's cioppino was perfect. Overall, better than some high end restaurants I've been to Las Vegas and elsewhere. Will eat there again next time we're in town.