“A thoroughly delightful evening and meal”

Ichikawa Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #37 of 100 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Food was perfection; the staff were friendly and "real people" ... absolutely a restaurant I will return to should we get to Port Townsend again.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

The food here is superb, carefully and beautifully presented. Sushi and other Japanese dishes are delicious. We love the salad and dressing, teriyaki salmon and are never disappointed. They have a traditional private dining area for groups of 6 also.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

There are few things I find more frustrating than travelling somewhere and trying to find a good sushi restaurant. Finding Ichikawa was a god sent.

This is the best quality sushi you'll get on the entirety of the Olympic Peninsula. It's no grocery store quality, slap-shod, soulless and generic, cheap, Americanized stuff you usually slog through. It has the single most consistent quality I've encountered at any restaurant in the area.

The staff is friendly and attentive and it's delightfully clean.

The only real thing I'd caution about are the hours, not that they're particularly unreasonable, but they are likely different from what you'd expect or hope.

1  Thank hccfl8
Reviewed 26 September 2016

The abundant staff was very friendly and patiently answered my questions about the menu. I wouldn't say it was the best sushi I've ever had, it was average, nothing wrong with it.

1  Thank BJL
Reviewed 13 September 2016

My husband and I have lived in Port Townsend for 11 years and eat at Ichikawa at least a couple of times a year. The place is small, so you may be offered a place at the sushi bar if the tables are all full. But the benefit of the bar is that you get to watch Peter assemble his sushi and rolls. Once when we had some out-of-town visitors we called for a reservation and were offered their special room, where you sit on cushions on the floor. If you have a group of six or so, I highly recommend that option.