“Average Thai with some opportunities for improvement ”

Banana Leaf Thai Bistro
Ranked #28 of 104 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a small family owned and operated restaurant with big hearts. We share a genuine passion for Traditional Thai style street food cooking with those of you who appreciate authentic, healthy and comforting Thai cuisine. Our commitment to quality is evident in the intricate flavors and delicate blend of Thai spices and herbs in every bite.
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

It pains me to right this review.

It was a Sunday evening, 6pm. There were about 30 people in the restaurant. Most outside on the patio.

Service was very slow. Seated quickly but 10 minutes to take drink order another 10 to take dinner order. 40 minutes from entry to eating. Staff apologized and said it was a busier than usual night.

Presentation was average, taste was average, little on the watery side, not as creamy as I am used to.

I have a fairly high tolerance for restaurants, but here are 2 big no no's for me.
- Tables were clean but patio deck, railing and umbrella's have obvious and substantial signs of seagulls being present (yes that kind of present). I would guess they had not been power washed for some time. I get it, this is a port town, but lets be honest this is a food establishment, not the local fishing pier. A simple nightly power wash with bleach could make this a none item.
- second, there is a bizarre order on the patio. Wofts of something not good.

Other challenges, inside restaurant was pretty hot and the view from the patio is a parking lot and the backside of shops.

I would have left but I was extremely hungry.

1  Thank ChazMike

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The place is small, but the staff are very friendly, and the service/food is one of the best in Port Townsend. They share a deck area with a little stage area, so musical groups come and play there while you are dining.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Lovely atmosphere, outside deck cool and shady on a hot summer day. I'd have to try more of the dishes to give a comprehensive review. They were generous with the scallops on my dish and I appreciated that my husband's sweet-and-sour dish was not shockingly red and gooey with cornstarch as I've seen in other places. The ice cream freezer stopped working, so we have to go back for dessert!

1  Thank allegra869
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate a late lunch on a Saturday at Banana Leaf and were impressed. Staff were friendly and accommodating. We sat on the back deck on a perfect day. All our food was great. I especially appreciated how fresh it was. It took a little bit to get our order, initially, but after that, everything went smoothly. We were just visiting for the weekend, but if we lived near here, I would go back.

1  Thank guppie9
Reviewed 22 May 2017

We visited and came back to Banana Leaf Thai Bistro. I liked their menu and the food was presented well. The staff was friendly and noticed that we had returned.
I stuck with the Tom Yum soup but my wife asked to have a change made to a dish and they were very helpful.

1  Thank fishline3