“Delicious food- great service”
Review of Westsound Cafe

Westsound Cafe
Ranked #34 of 54 Restaurants in Orcas Island
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At the end of Crow Valley Road, where it dumps into the Westsound.
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

This cafe is downstairs from the Kingfish Inn where we stayed while on Orcas Island. It has a beautiful porch that faces the water.
Staff was wonderful and very attentive/friendly.
Food was delicious. It was an interesting mix of cuisines- ramen, pasta, grits and okra, chicken and waffles... but every dish that we saw looked amazing.
We had the crab spaghetti- highly recommend, cod (fish and chips), and beignets for dessert. The beignets were good, but different from Cafe duMonde's. Not quite as airy.
A definite place to relax and wath the water with good food.

Reviewed 23 December 2016

We were here in November, which is off season, so I guess the menu is different. It was quite different. We didn't really recognize anything on the menu so picked something to try. I had grits with okra and shrimp and it was delicious. My husband had steak (I think it was skirt steak) and he thought it was fabulous (and he is a picky eater). The dessert was wonderful. The beer was local, winter beer and was wonderful as well. The service was good. We will go back.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

This place may be a little out of the way for visitors to Orcas Island, but it's worth a trip. We ended up here when we couldn't get into another place and we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. While we didn't sit outdoors, the view was still amazing. We ha the Crab spaghetti and the Spot Prawns. I found the spaghetti a little dry until I mixed everything together. The Prawns were delicious. We had the scallops and the salmon and both were really good. I really liked the Spire Cider and they have a great selection of beers and wines. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Chanced upon this quiet cafe on our first evening on Orcas Island and was glad to find someplace outside of Eastsound. Ended up sitting outside on the deck with a beautiful view of the Marina, but it got a bit chilly as the sun set. Our server was kind enough to offer blankets! Wine was lovely and the food was good, but somewhat uninspiring. I'd recommend the fish tacos and cauliflower, but skip the pork belly. A bit too chewy and lacking in flavor for my taste. If you're on this side of the island, worth a quiet meal with a view!

Reviewed 30 August 2015

This is a bit away from Eastsound and maybe that's why it offers a more relaxing vibe than the many good restaurants there. The staff were friendly, welcoming and prompt. The view is wonderful - as is every view on Orcas. The equites and shrimp cocktail were delicious. We split the fish tacos - they weren't perfect but I am spoiled by all of the great fish tacos at home in the Bay Area. Not a fair judge - the fish was fresh and yummy.