Review Highlights
Better Than Seattle's Sculpture Park

Lots of quirky sculptures, and a few really nice ones. I was surprised by the number of sculptures... read more

Reviewed 3 September 2018
KerryandTim
Austin, Texas
A Kinder Garden for All Ages

Located about 15 miles from Olympia, this fanciful garden is filled with a wide variety of... read more

Reviewed 8 July 2018
Jon F
Walla Walla, Washington

All reviews pieces of art worth a stop sculptures maze gongs instruments butterfly grounds picnic volunteers nature
Reviewed 30 June 2016

My wife and I took our Granddaughters to the Park today, June 29, 2016, to have a picnic and to tour the grounds. Unfortunately, there were "CLOSED" signs posted on all of their signs. We decided to have our picnic anyway at one the the umbrella-adorned tables at the entrance, hoping that no one would shoo us away. A cute tabby watchcat greeted us, but we bribed him/her with some cheese, and we were allowed to finish our meal.
We have been here a couple of times before, and thoroughly enjoyed the visits. What a bummer that it is closed. I didn't quite grasp the whole story about the closure, but they need $7000 for a permit to continue to operate. You can get the whole story from their website.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank Jim G
Reviewed 2 February 2016

A committed group of artists are bringing this unique park back to life. It is off the beaten track bit so get directions first. it is worth a stop.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

My daughter took me here. I was visiting from Florida. This is a very relaxing peaceful place and the "jewels" scattered about the trails are beautiful. Like hunting easter eggs.

2  Thank Mary Elna F
Reviewed 17 June 2015

It is a nice wander thru the interesting art. Look carefully as some is slightly buried in tall grass. I didn't do the maze as by then I was too hot and by myself; however, it did look as though it could be interesting. Perhaps another time I'll venture thru it. No fee is requested to wander the grounds; however, a sign does mention donations either there are by mail.

Reviewed 14 June 2015

Monarch Sculpture Park has reopened. It is a ways out of town. Great to ride out there on "Western Bike Trail". Very fun, whimsical. Took picnic lunch and enjoyed the art and pleasant surroundings, birds, etc.

1  Thank Patti F