“Loved!”
Review of Catkin Cafe

Catkin Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Olga
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were just driving around— checked out the beautiful area when we stumbled upon the Catkin Cafe.

Fortunately for Catkin Cafe I wasn’t able to pull up a menu on my phone in the parking lot— or my husband wouldn’t have stepped foot in the place!
We did come in however, and I assured my non-fancy husband to try the pork sandwich, he’d like it....And he did, very much!!
He wasn’t sure what some of the items were— and although he enjoyed his pork sandwich immensely (except the cold potato salad- personal thing) he was really sorry when he saw the Skirt Steak Salad! Next time!

I don’t eat meat so ordered the fried egg sandwich. Delicious! Really fresh homemade the English muffin- only thing is I would have liked my eggs a little runnier. Came with delicious potatoes. Very good overall!
I think the Catkin Cafe’s specialty is their baked goods — saved room... I ordered the Carrot Hazelnut bread while my husband had the Snickerdoodle cookie. Both delish- although the bread the better choice!
We took home the Apple/ Pear Gallette—delicious!!

Service friendly and efficient— location nice although we weren’t able to sit outdoors— art shop inside to browse around in before or after eating.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Food was from scratch, local produce, small but upscale operation. Can taste the freshness of all the ingredients. Huevos rancheros perfection! Also have home baked goods and local wines. Is colocated with a fine arts house, all made on the island. Beautiful works! Go there or you will miss out.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Two of three mornings in Olga, I had breakfast at Catkin. The carrots in the scrambled eggs were a sweet surprise and the home made peach jam was delicious. Each server epitomized genuine friendliness and attentiveness. It was a little too chilly to sit outside although I thought the tables on the patio - all with unobtrusive fresh flowers - seemed beckoning. I know there were other tourists, but the overall vibe exudes a local feel. I browsed the attached art gallery afterwards; which I also enjoyed. Highly recommend! (Note: restaurant opens at 9; If I had any suggestion, it would be for Catkin to open earlier)

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We discovered this cafe gem last year (August 2016) and the family was so impressed by the simple goodness and deliciousness on the first visit that we returned for a second meal.
And this year my wife and I returned for breakfast, were not disappointed, and returned again to enjoy our last breakfast before returning home from vacation.
Yes, the menu offerings are small, but we love that because it's all delicious and farm to table wholesome (we've seen the deliveries which is a good ground for the dining experience - to see the local produce arrive).
Baked eggs, polenta, scrambled eggs with local carrots, blueberry crumble... we've enjoyed the whole menu and it's all delicious!
And the coffee is the best on Orcas!
I sorry to say I don't recall her name and it wasn't noted on our receipt, but our sever was outstanding on both visits. She was cheerful and smiling and just a great, great start to the day. Just makes the dining experience that much better.
The setting beside the Artworks Gallery is great - just a wonderful setting.
We make similar fare at home, but they just do it better and the setting is great and that's what we like about being on vacation : )

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Enjoyed just early afternoon piece of homebaked berry pie with some wine and breakfast one morning. Staff is wonderful and food is delicious....use to be Olga's before it burned down, and now Catkin Cafe has risen from the ashes to surpass what was there before.